It's okay Darling, it's just a dream.

The night was warm. The windows were shut so no bugs would fly in and they had let the AC run to keep them cool throughout the night, as Alex had been complaining about the heat. Usually, in a chill room, neither of them had trouble sleeping but for some reason, Thomas could feel his bedmate stir beside him. The jostling, slowly irritating him. The clock on the nightstand glowed the number 00:47 in bright blue, meaning they had gone to bed about three hours ago. He huffed trying to get back to sleep, when he heard a faint groan, almost as if it was muffled. Thomas strained his ear for a moment, curious, then heard quick and shallow breathing. What the hell? Before Jefferson could think his next thought his partner let out a pained moan followed by a small whimper.

Something was wrong.

The Virginian sat up and turned around, to see his lover curled into himself, his chest rising fast but his breaths were deep now. Was he having a nightmare?

"Alex? Darling?"

He reached for the other's upper arm feeling how hot the skin under his fingers was.

"It's okay Darling, it's just a dream." He quietly tried to reassure him.

But to his surprise came a strained, "No, it's not."

"Alex. You're awake? What's going on?" The darker man quickly looked for the other man's eyes but he was too curled in on himself, his eyes shut.

Alexander was quiet, his labored breathing the only sound in the room.

"Hey, hey, Alex. Darling, talk to me."

He gently helped the younger man to face him, prying his arms open. Even in the darkness of the room, there were obvious tear streaks on the Caribbean man's cheeks. Thomas wiped them with his hands and he could feel his lover's face was very warm to the touch, almost like a fever.

"Sweetheart, what going on?"

Hamilton sniffled, his teary eyes glinting in the dark.

"I-uh, I think she's coming." He stammered.

"Oh. Uh..." Thomas was actually speechless. He had no idea what to actually do in this situation.

"I'm scared Thomas."

"Me too Darling, me too. But it'll be fine." The taller man hugged him. "I- are you having contractions?" He asked, suddenly feeling very warm himself.

Alexander nodded, wiping at his nose with his bare wrist.

"Okay, we should probably time them, then."

"Last time, they were about ten minutes apart." His eyes kept averting the taller man's gaze.

"Good...good... Last time? How long ago was last time?" At that moment it hit him, that the brunet had already gone through several painful contractions, right next to him. Trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Just about two minutes ago. I think?"

Two minutes ago? The moan, the whimper, the quick breathing.

"Jesus Christ, that was a contraction just then? Alex, we need to go to the hospital. We're having a baby!"

The last sentence came out a bit louder than he had intended, quickly Jefferson jumped to his feet, and rummaged around for something to wear. "Gosh, I never thought she'd be born in Virginia." He kept mumbling as he found his pants and a shirt.

"What do you mean?" Alex's frightened voice piped up.

"We're going to Charlottesville Hospital Alex, we are in Virginia."

"No."

"Whadda ya mean no? It's 15 minutes away, they'll take care of you, and we'll be parents by the morning."