What comes next?

The next morning Alex woke up groggy, with a terrible headache, his eyes hurt at the mere thought of light so he kept his eyes shut as he snuggled deeper into the soft cotton bedding - he didn't remember his bedsheets ever being this delicate. He cast the thought aside, thankful for the warmth when he heard another man groan beside him. His eyes shot open as he sat up surprised.

"Thomas?!" He panicked.

"Keep it down Alex, my head is pounding." The other answered without care.

"What the fuck is this? Where am I?" The younger man was all the more confused as he felt sore between his legs.

Thomas just groaned again at the loud noise and wiped a hand across his face in hopes to wake himself up, he sat up too, facing the panicked man.

"In my bed, why?"

"Why?! Why?! Thomas, why?!" He freaked more.

"Alex, relax. Do you remember anything from last night?"

That question made him stop and ponder; What did happen last night?

"I- I- I... remember the party, you drank with me for some reason... we took a train to your place, and then we drank more."

"Anything after that point?" The darker man quizzed.

"I vaguely remember... we made out?!" He shrieked.

He was met with an approving hum from Jefferson as the other got out of bed and walked to a private bathroom.

"Thomas, you're naked!" He exclaimed and looked down.

"I'm naked! We had sex. Oh, this is just getting better and better isn't it?" The realization dawned on him which made him realize, Thomas didn't care, he wrapped the covers tightly around himself and walked to the bathroom as Thomas splashed some water on his face and grabbed his toothbrush.

"Thomas, how are you okay with this? I - Alexander Hamilton, your enemy, just woke up in your bed after we had drunken sex."

Thomas sighed, resigned.

"I woke up an hour ago, had some time to remember what happened, think about it, and come to the conclusion, that it's not that bad." He answered simply.

"It's not that bad?! Thomas, we just became friends and now we had sex."

The quick acknowledgment from Alexander that they had indeed become friends lit a small fire inside Thomas' chest. He cleaned the toothpaste out of his mouth and faced, the other man, less than a foot between them.

"Alex."

He held the younger man by the shoulders.

"Do you remember our conversation on the couch last night?"

"It's foggy right now." The brunette squeezed his eyes and shook his head.

"I confessed to you that I like you."

Alexander's eyes opened wide.

"You kissed me and said you like me too. Since both, you and I have feelings for each other Alex, it's okay, it happened, it is not the end of the world. I am asking you, let's not hide our feelings from each other... please. I don't want to go back to hating one another knowing, we would both suffer."

The raw nature of Jefferson's words completely threw Alex off, his demeanor softened and he sighed heavily. He cupped Thomas's cheek, looking at him, his eyes full of mixed emotions that were swirling around in his head.

"Please - promise me that you're not lying because I swear to you, Thomas. If you break my heart-"

"I won't, I promise on whatever you deem holy, that I will not deliberately, do anything that would break you, emotionally or otherwise."