I was young once too...

The next morning wasn't a nice one, as Alex was still feeling ill at the most random of time, he even almost vomited in bed at five in the morning but somehow managed to keep it down. Nevertheless, he only managed to keep it down for a half-hour before his body rebelled against him and sent him running to the private bathroom, spewing his guts. He tried to be quiet to not wake the person on the other side of the wall, his throat straining, his muscles involuntarily flexing and bile scorching the inside of his mouth, the stench lifting of the latrine burning his nostrils with its toxicity. Once it was over, he stood by the sink just a moment to rinse out his mouth and then sat on the floor feeling like it might happen again, he closed his eyes, tired as the world slowly faded away and he fell asleep against the cold tiled wall.

Thomas woke up around nine, choosing to sleep in on his first day off with Alex. He woke up well-rested and turned around to hug his lover but, he wasn't there. Confused, the Virginian opened his eyes to see that he was indeed alone. He got out of bed and walked out into the hall to see if he could hear any sounds around the house. Nothing - Jefferson called out into the empty air, waiting, his tongue pushing against the inside of his bottom lip but, he heard nothing in return. Still perplexed, he walked back inside and walked into the bathroom; he jumped at the sight of the sleeping brunette against the wall. He crouched down to shake him awake.

"Hey, Alex. Darling?"

The younger man groaned, annoyed.

"What are you doing here?"

"-was sick again." He mumbled with his eyes closed.

"Maybe you should go see a doctor, huh?"

Jefferson held the other man's face delicately.

"Absolutely not! I'm fine."

Alexander suddenly seemed to have regained his strength. His eyes opened with determination, and he stood up, walking back to bed for a change of clothes. A sudden burst of energy filled the room as Alex began his day. Getting dressed in haste and going downstairs to make breakfast leaving Thomas; completely stunned behind him. What the hell just happened? Regardless, the taller man decided it was time to start his day; he went about his morning routine and later joined his bedmate in the kitchen. The younger man sat at the bar eating a slice of plain toast. A warm, discarded empty pot of coffee stood by the sink; the older man looked at the scene in front of him, confused but went about making some scrambled eggs.

"Alex, did you pour a whole fresh pot of coffee down the drain?"

"No." He quickly dismissed.

"Are you sure?"

Thomas stopped cutting an onion to look the Caribbean man in the face, he was getting pretty good at telling whether Alexander was lying but, he still needed visual confirmation.

"I love coffee; Why would I do that?" The younger man stepped away from the bar in direction of the sofa, eating the last bite of his toast.

He was for sure lying.

"I don't know..." Jefferson mumbled under his breath, letting the situation go.

He went on about his cooking, cutting various vegetables to mix in with the eggs, he split the meal onto two plates coupled with some buttered bread and put one of the plates in front of Hamilton.

"Eat." He ordered.

"I'm not hungry." Dismissed the other, staring at his phone.

"Alex, you haven't eaten since yesterday's lunch, and I'm willing to bet that piece of toast is all you had this morning."

"Like I said, I'm not hungry."

It was at that moment the brunette's body decided to betray him as the sound of his rumbling stomach was heard. The pair shared a look, making Alex blush, embarrassed. The Virginian sat down next to him.