Geneva

The sun reflected off the white waves dancing like small yellow bunny's hopping across an endless blue moor. The waves rippled and crashed against the side of the wooden sailboat. Australia let out a puff of smoke watching the sun rise into the sky. The last time he'd taken the channel was back when he was living with his sister, he missed those years, no matter how much he'd hated it at the time, he missed it.

He dropped the cigarette into the churning waves, pushing himself off the railing, he turned around and began walking towards the ship's doors. He made his way inside taking note of the strong smell of alcohol. He moved down a tight hallway entering one of the rooms. Inside the small cabin lay a messy bed covered in clothes and other Knick knacks. He let out a long groan collapsing onto the filthy sheets.

"Oh come on, you saw New Zealand 5 weeks ago, stop acting like everyone's dead."

He rubbed his temple soothing his mind to stop some of the thoughts plaguing his head.

"It's not like none of them will notice you when you go to find the League of Nations."

He lowered his hands, blankly staring at the roof as he continued to ignore the worrying thoughts in his mind.

The day went by slowly and he didn't move from the trashed room. He stayed there either pacing around talking to himself, having a cigarette, or drinking. Eventually the sun dropped from its seat in the sky, the moon taking its place casting a dim glow over the endless sea. The night moved on as he drank more and more, whisking away his doubts and worries. Eventually he fell into a light dreamless sleep unmoving for the next four hours.

He dragged himself down the dock towards the lively streets of the town. He walked up the main road suitcase gripped tight in his hands. He rubbed his head shaking off the hangover that lingers above him and dragged down his tired muscles. Continued up the street absently watching the traffic move around him. A car drove by stopping behind him, he didn't bat a second eye before the person inside yelled out his name.

"Hey Aus you got a minute."

Confused, he turned around to see a small country waving him down from inside a taxi. He walked over to find Thailand sitting patiently in his seat, suitcase sat next to him

"What are the chances we'd be using the same dock?"

Australia looked blankly at the chatty country, who looked back at him equally confused.

"Sorry Thailand, I'm just not used to meeting such a chatty country."

"Hop in."

Australia met the country's gaze, puzzled by the sudden request.

"Look I know we aren't close in any regards. But we're both headed for Geneva, I'll get you a ride to the nearest train station. "

Australia let out a sigh making his way around the taxi, his head hurt and he really didn't feel like causing a scene. He opened the passenger door, placing his bag down while Thailand explained to the driver what was happening. He sat down in the seat watching the world outside slowly begin moving. He stayed there for a second before feeling the other country's eyes glare at him. He turned around to find Thailand studying him, he stopped when Australia asked him a question.

"What are you doing?"

"oh, I just wasn't expecting you to actually get in."

He spoke, voice cheerfully surprised.

"What can I say, I'm full of surprises."

In a couple of minutes they made it to a train station. They hopped out of the taxi grabbing their luggage and heading onto the station. The inside of the train wasn't anything special, just normal passenger carts. They found a private cart without anyone inside to bother the two of them. placing their bags on a shelf above their heads they sat down and Thailand started up a conversation.