85 ⭑ Burn Baby, Burn

"Satisfaction came in a chain reaction..."
Disco Inferno by The Trammps.

✰ ✰ ✰

* The Next Morning *

"Alright, I'm ready to see, come on out!"

I was sat outside of the dressing room at the mall, waiting for Harlow and Ollie to show off their new outfits for the trip. We left for England in exactly six hours and I was giddy with excitement, but, Ollie couldn't leave without... expanding his wardrobe: Harlow style, of course.

The dressing room door popped open and out came my two boys, happy smiles on their faces as they sported soft striped skirts. Oliver's was black with little white vertical stripes, whilst Harlow's was the opposite.

"Ta-da!" Ollie put his hands out.

"Ah!" My mouth already hurt from smiling so wide and I held my hands to my chest, resisting the urge to let my heart explode, "You look amazin', babe! Oh my goodness! D'you like it?

"I really like it!" Ollie nodded sincerely.

"Show her the spin, c'mon." Harlow encouraged, spinning in a circle himself.

"That's the best part, look, look!" He spun in circles, making it flair up and poof out just like I'd done one of the first times that I'd tried on a skirt. I laughed and watched as he spun all the way back to the mirror and looked at himself in it.

"Thank you," I whispered toward Harlow, standing up and kissing him on the cheek.

I was glad that he could be a male figure in Oliver's life that was such a positive influence. My uncle Matt did a great job but he wasn't the expressive type when it came to clothes or makeup or hair and I loved that Oliver had that freedom now.

Harlow was teaching him such valuable things.

"Do you wanna get this one too?" Harlow asked, walking into the dressing room and picking up a different blue skirt, "They have it in the green, we can get them both."

"Hm... yes." Ollie nodded.

"Alright... now, are you sure you like this one? Is it comfortable?" Harlow asked, handing the ones he wanted to me, "You don't have to wear anything you don't want to wear, you know that."

"Positive! It's comfy." Ollie nodded, looking in the mirror and twirling the skirt again.

"Let's get changed again and hit the road, huh?"

"Yup." He nodded and they closed the dressing room again to take the skirts off quickly.

They both came back out shortly, Harlow dressed in a baggy pink sweater and leather pants. Ollie insisted on wearing one of the skirts out into the mall though, so we rang up our items and left the store.