82 ⭑ The Cure

"I must've been asleep for days and moving lips to breathe her name"
♫ Just Like Heaven by The Cure.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Is Koi okay?" Harlow spoke out into the darkness of my bedroom as I closed the door

"Is Koi okay?" Harlow spoke out into the darkness of my bedroom as I closed the door. He was dressed for sleep after spilling the cleaning supplies all over his clothes, and both of us were fucking exhausted by this night. The drama had me ready for the cat nap of my life.

"She's got her door locked." I frowned, walking closer to the bed, "I can hear her crying in there."

"I'm worried. She's never shut us out like this before." He whispered, "Did you text her?"

"We all have. But, I don't think it's gonna do any good. Us girls will check on her in the morning, take her out for breakfast or something and have a chat. For now, it's obvious she wants to be alone."

When I neared he gave me a reluctant sigh and a kiss on the forehead, "I'm sure everything will be fine."

"Not for us," I angled my head down to stare at the toddler sprawled out in out in the middle of our bed, "I don't think we're sleeping very comfortably tonight."

"Sleeping with toddlers is pure hell but I think we could make it work. I'll have her lay with me. You need your beauty sleep for the prom tomorrow anyway." He muttered.

Harlow gently knelt on the bed and scooped Nora up into his arms, causing her to stir and fuss like crazy. But he tried his best to soothe her and laid down closest to the wall, placing her on his belly, on her belly. She rested her head against his chest and yawned adorably, watching me crawl into bed next to them.

"What the--" I jumped when I sat on something lumpy and then stood back up, peeling the sheet back.

"Is that a fucking cucumber?"

Nora reached out for it and cried for the vegetable like it was her favorite stuffy.

"Jus' give it to her." Harlow laughed.

"Well, alright." I passed it off and Nora took it, holding it to her chest.

I climbed into bed again and snuggled under Harlow's arm, slipping the duvet over my thighs.

"We woke the beast." I whispered, staring at her, "Go back to bed!"

"Tell her a story. It's cliché, but it helps them sleep."

"Well, alright," I cleared my throat, settling in closer to him, "How about that Nora? You want a story?"

She nodded, wide-eyed and intrigued.

"Okay..." I trailed off, "Um, Once Upon a Time, there was... a prince."

"Real original," Harlow whispered.

I ignored him.

"He was the most beautiful prince in all the land. He had pretty green eyes, soft skin, and a magical, magical smile that drove everyone crazy."