107 ⭑ Thirteen.

"What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're okay?..."
Breakeven by The Script.

✰ ✰ ✰

"I'm sorry, Cher

"I'm sorry, Cher." Harlow whispered softly. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my lips. His skin smelled like Lavender and his hair was slowly drying on the pillow that we shared as we laid in bed together.

We both managed to calm down and have a shower. We were fresh out from it, simmering in silence while flames roared inside the fireplace ten feet away, crackling against the chopped wood.

The rain was still pouring, tapping hard against the window, it was October after all. The room smelled like pumpkin spice from the multitude of candles around the dim, warmly lit room.

The two of us couldn't have been more broken, but we knew it was our last night together and we both needed comfort.

We needed anything but the empty space cry, 'cause if we did, we'd never stop.

While most couples would think to leave the second things were over, to avoid pain and more heartbreak, we weren't such people.

"Stop apologizing."

"No. No, I can't." He blinked his puffy eyes rapidly, "After everything I've put you through this past month, you deserve a thousand apologies. You deserve so much better than me, and I mean that."

In the past month, there wasn't a day that he'd been fully sober, but now he was, and I was certain that the reality of his actions were hitting him pretty hard.

I was still mad, but, whether it was right or wrong, I was more mad at Aurora and... fuck, God, or the world, than I was at him. Harlow got the benefit of the doubt from me with a lot of things because of his past and because I loved him. That was part of the reason why we needed this break.

"I don't wanna spend our last night together talking about all that you or I did wrong, Harlow. This is so complicated. There's so much to it, and I just wanna be with you and feel good. We don't need to say words that are already obvious unspoken. Okay? You owe me that. You owe me one good night. So, cut the sorry for yourself shit and just..." I went the teasing route to lighten the mood, "Be my Nirvana. Do what you haven't done this past month and tell me you love me. Hold me. Tell me how much you'll miss me when we're apart and..."

"I will miss you." He caressed the side of my face, "No matter what, I'm gonna miss the fuck outta' you. Life is gonna be so weird without you, Cher."

I sadly smiled, "I know. Who else is gonna let you steal all their skirts?"

"You know, it's funny that you say that when once upon a time you were the one beggin' to take all of my clothes. 'Please? Please? Please?' My god, your begging was endless. You were so eager to look good on that date with Jess..." He whispered, shaking his head just slightly, "I warned you not to wear a skirt in 10° weather, but you didn't listen to me."