18 ⭑ You want me, don't you?

"The way you twist and shake it girl. You tie me in a knot, and get me hot. Ooh, hot and bothered. So hot and bothered."
Hot & Bothered by CINDERELLA. (Banger song by the way.)

✰ ✰ ✰

"Your shift was over ten minutes ago

"Your shift was over ten minutes ago."

"Jesus!" In the back of the record store, sorting away Josie and the Pussycats DVD's, I yelped from the sound of Jess's voice scaring me out of nowhere. I got so scared in fact that I dropped two DVD's to the floor with a clatter and had to lean against the shelf to catch my breath, "Oh my god, what is it with men and trying to scare the shit out of me!"

"Who do you be talkin' to other than me?" Jess jokingly let his mouth fall open, "You little two-timer, you've got a boyfriend, don't you?"

"Oh, ha-ha, so funny." I picked up the movies and laughed as I put them back, stopping to swat him with them a couple of times.

"No seriously though, your shift was over at six."

"I know... but I was trying to work a little overtime for some extra cash. That's all." I muttered, drifting passed him to get back to the register.

"I heard you talking to your brother about a sleepover earlier, don't you have a girls' night to go to?" Jessie followed right behind me.

"Technically, yes, but-I don't think I can leave him. It feels irresponsible." I shrugged, smiling kindly at customers who walked into the store and past the register.

"It's just for one night, right? He'll be fine. It's one sleep away, you can see him tomorrow morning. You seem like you really wanna go..." Jess grabbed my hips and turned me around against the counter. "Are things okay at home? 'Cause between this and that bruise on your face, I'm feeling skeptical."

"I got hit with a basketball when I was paying with my brother, I told you that." I laughed slightly, shaking my head at him, "Everything at home is fine."

"Then go to the damn slumber party."

My shoulders sank, "It's bad enough that I have to go on our date with these bruises, I don't want my first memory with friends to be with it either. It's probably better I just don't go."

"Hey.." Jess dropped his head a little, "You look beautiful. Absolutely perfect. There's nothing wrong with a little bruise and it's not gonna stop me from taking you out tomorrow night. Are you telling me you're gonna go on our date but not go out with your friends? 'Cause we can reschedule if a one or the other type of deal-"

"No, I don't wanna reschedule.." I shook my head.

"But you wanna go to that sleepover, right?"

"Yeah...." I muttered, twisting my mouth.

"So, then which is it?" Jess laughed in pity, grabbing my chin to make me look up at him. "Is it both or is it neither because by your logic, you're never allowed to have any fun."