27: Life with fury

The fight was over and the blood in my veins was humming. 

My body, on the other hand, was quite the opposite. I could feel the adrenaline subsiding, leaving the blood loss, wounds and exhaustion to take its toll. Despite walking out the stadium with my head held high, I could now feel my body waver as I walked. My hands clung to the wall as it acted as my support to keep me upright.  

The guard gave me a sneer as I trudged along, but a quick flash of teeth from my wolf cast his smug eyes downwards. Blood poured out my wounds. The stickiness of it on my skin confirmed that my appearance was quite a sight and my wolf puffed with pride; my nose caught Grey's scent and seconds later he appeared at the entrance of the arena. 

He stomped towards me and it was a no brainer that he was angry. His eyes gave me a quick once over before they met mine. His fists clenched then relaxed, brow creased and his teeth clamped. His face was cold and detached but beneath the surface, emotion brew like a boiling pot. At the dramatic entrance, I would have rolled my eyes but I was currently using all the energy I had just to stand. 

It wasn't as if would have told me what was wrong in the first place.

The wind whipped past me and I almost fell over. The gashes decorating my back stung with such fierce intensity that it was a struggle to keep vomit down. Grey immediately moved towards me but my beast snapped at him, warning him to stay away. She was still close to the surface.

He sighed. "You can't stand, hold your wolf back while I help you."

Hating his orders but too tired to properly fight back, she backed away but kept watching him with an attentive eye. One misstep and she wouldn't hesitate to end him like Seven, who was entering the underworld with no dick.

Noticing my wolf's co-operation and my attempt at a nod, he took off the shirt he had on and pulled it over my head warily. We appreciated the fact he kept his eyes respectively off my body. Despite everything, I was still conscious of the scars.

I slumped and Grey wrapped an arm under my shoulder and around my waist, supporting my body weight. 

"All's not done yet. We have a meeting to sort out and don't think I'm doing it for you." I couldn't help a smile form at his grumpiness as I forced my eyes, that were close to slumping, open.

"As if you'd do a better job than me. I wouldn't put you in charge of anything that important anyway." I challenged.

He growled at me but remained silent. We continued in silence as he helped me walk towards a building close to reception. I had torn my lip trying to suppress the pain that was coursing through me. Not one whimper left me as I straightened up closer to the building. 

I would not look weak ever again.

I shrugged off Grey's arm and he continued to watch me. Concealing the pain, I placed my hand the doors to feel Grey's looming presence right behind me. He lifted my braids off my back and moved my damp t-shirt to the side, my wolf hovering just below the surface at the close proximity to our neck. 

His stare burned into my skin as he softly traced the claw marks at the top of my back. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed, momentarily distracted at how strange he was acting.

I started struggling and he sighed for what seemed like the umpteenth time, "Are you always this stubborn? Stop moving, I'm trying to hep."

I didn't cease struggling but froze as something warm came in contact with my skin. His tongue started licking the wounds. "What the-"