XI

♪♫ Tere liye aaya main toh,

Tere sang jaana,

Dholna ve tere naal,

Jindri bitavaan,

Kadi naiyo chhodna,

Ishq di dor na,

Saare chhad jaayein maahi,

Tu na chhodna...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, what is bothering you?"

Inaya and Ahana were on their girl's day out and it was already almost evening. They were sitting in a café for some snacks and coffee after which Ahana had to catch her flight.

"Nothing!" Inaya replied with a nervous smile and fidgeted under Ahana's gaze.

"Trouble in paradise." It was a statement.

"What?" She forced herself to laugh which died down when Ahana's serious expression didn't falter. "No... No, not at all! I think you're going mad."

"And I think you're lying. Besides you stuttered."

"So what? My stuttering doesn't prove anything."

"Doesn't it?" Ahana raised an eyebrow and Inaya realized that she can't lie anymore.

"Agh! Why are you so good at reading people?" She saw Ahana's lips twitch but ignored it. "Fine! You're right but... only partially."

She saw Ahana's eyes soften at her. "So, what happened? You had a fight?"

"No. I didn't even talk to him about it."

"Okay, so tell me about 'it' and then we'll talk about the other part."

"It's lame actually."

"Well, I'm your best friend. So, you can be as lame as you want to be with me. I won't judge, promise."

"I met with Zain's ex... kind of. And she's beautiful and successful and vice-president of the tech world so I'm assuming intelligent too. And I'm just... me."

"And you're worried that he would go back to her."

"Told you, it was lame. Also, this is just an arrangement, right? I shouldn't feel insecure."

"No, I don't think it's lame. It's painful to lose someone you love. Nobody wants to go through that kind of pain. Look, Ina, having insecurities is normal but not talking about them with your partner is not. And about the arrangement, you are supposed to give fair chance to each other so if you feel something then tell him about it."

"What if he doesn't love me in the end? What if he leaves?"

"He won't leave you."

"How do you even know that?"