IX

♪♫ Teri adaa, adaa pe marta main,

Wafa, wafaa si karta,

Kyun hadon se hoon,

Guzarta main zaraa zaraa zaraa,

Tum to darasal saanson ka saaz ho,

Dil mein mere chupa jo voh raaz, raaz ho,

Kal bhi mera tum hi ho mera aaj ho,

Kal bhi mera tum hi ho mera aaj ho...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's coming! Everyone hide!" Noor whisper-yelled.

They all followed and waited for Inaya to come out of the room. They all have been preparing for this moment for a few hours now. Zain, Noor, and Aarav prepared a grand breakfast while Ahana baked the cake.

It was Inaya's birthday and all of them were excited and eager to wish her.

"SURPRISE!" They screamed when Inaya entered the living area of the suite.

Everyone started to wish and hug her one be one. And then finally it was Zain's turn. He walked towards Inaya and engulfed her in a bear hug. "Happy birthday, Amore!"

She thanked him and he guided her toward the coffee table where Noor had placed her birthday cake.

"This cake is so beautiful." Inaya looked at the cake in awe.

"Ahana baked it." Noor told Inaya.

"Really!?" Inaya glanced at Ahana who only shrugged a shoulder with a soft smile.

"Let's cut the cake!" Noor's excitement was visible in her voice.

She cut the cake while everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' and then fed them one by one.

Zain led Inaya towards the breakfast table that they had arranged where everyone shared a hearty breakfast. After breakfast, everyone moved out of the hotel to their respective destinations. Aarav, Noor, and Ahana were going back to Mumbai because of some emergency and also they wanted Inaya and Zain to spend some quality time.

After dropping them at the airport, Zain started for the first location he had decided for Inaya's special day.

"Where are we going?" Inaya asked for what felt like the 100th time but got the same answer 'You'll see.'

She huffed and turned her face to look outside the window.

He opened the door for her after stopping the car. He looked at Inaya as she walked towards the huge gates with wide eyes and then ran back to him to give him a bear hug.

"Butterfly Garden! You're the best!"

He chuckled at her excited voice and as expected her face lit up with a beaming smile. Inaya was obsessed with butterflies and that's why he knew that she would love this place.

Inaya held his hand and dragged him inside the garden, telling him to come fast or they won't be able to explore every inch of the place.

◅▫▻

He took Inaya to all the places he thought she would enjoy which included the Miracle Garden, Dubai aquarium and underwater zoo, and Dolphinarium. She was like a child who was astonished to see something new. He loved the way her eyes twinkled and the way she wanted to take everything in, all at once.

"Today was amazing, Thank you!" Inaya said sitting on the couch which was placed in the living area of their suite.

Zain walked towards her with a smile. "I'm glad you liked it."

She grinned at him while resting her head on the back of the couch. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply.

"Tired?"

She opened her eyes to look at him and gave a soft smile. "A little."

"You should go to sleep then."

"Yeah, you're right."

She started to get up from the couch when he remembered something. "Wait! Do you mind staying for another minute please?"

"Not at all."

"Okay, stay here, I'll be back in a second."

"But-"

"Please?"

"Sure."

He went inside his room and took the small dark blue jewellery box which was hidden inside the closet. He walked out of the room to see her already looking at him. He walked and sat down beside her. A smile made its way on his lips as he looked at Inaya's curious face. He gave Inaya the box and looked at her face to decipher her reaction.

She opened the box and a big infectious smile instantly made its way onto her face. "These are beautiful."

"You like them?"

The box had rose gold crescent earrings with diamonds which had an intricate design of roses all over it.

"I love them, Zain. Thank you." She moved forward and placed a kiss on his cheek.

He smiled at her. "You should go to sleep now."

Inaya nodded and stood up to go to her room while he did the same. He was about to open his room door when Inaya's voice stopped him. He turned to see her walking over to him pulling him into a hug. "Thank you, for everything."

She pulled back a little—her face was so close to his that their noses were touching. Her fingers curled into the beige t-shirt while her gaze flickered toward his lips for a moment. He cupped her cheek, his forefingers behind her earlobe and she shivered while his thumb caressed her cheek, and before he knew they were kissing.

He leaned back to look at her only for her to pull his mouth back to hers with her hand at the base of his neck.

They pulled back breathlessly. He never thought that his calm, sweet Inaya would ever be bold enough to initiate their first kiss but he was wrong. But now he was looking at the shy Inaya who wasn't ready to meet his eyes.

He placed his hand under her chin and gently made her look at him but she closed her eyes. "Won't you look at me, amore?"

She opened her eyes. "I... I'm sorry."

His smile faded away at her words. "Do you... do you regret it, amore?"

"No," her reply was instant. "I don't regret a second of it. It just felt right to me but-"

"But?" he encouraged her to continue.

"But I didn't think about asking you first. I shouldn't have done that. I should have asked for your consent first and I should... why are you smiling?"

"Because you are rambling."

"Yes, but-"

"Listen, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. And you can kiss me whenever you want, I don't mind."

She looked down with a small smile hiding behind her hair. He tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

"You should go and get some rest. We have an early morning flight to catch tomorrow." He told her after she looked up at him.

She nodded while he pressed a soft kiss on her forehead wishing her a good night.