V

♪♫ Jitni haseen ye mulakatein hain

Unse bhi pyaari teri baatein hai

Baton mein teri jo kho jaate hain

Aaun na hosh mein main kabhi

Baahon mein hai teri zindagi, haaye ...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was sitting before her dresser while Ahana was doing her makeup because she knew nothing about that shit while Ahana was close to an expert as she loves to do others' makeup.

Zain asked her out yesterday after the meeting as today is Saturday so nobody had work. To say she was excited would be an understatement. She hasn't been on a date for a long time now.

Suddenly her phone rang.

Noor calling...

She looked at the screen as a smile instantly made its way to her face and accepted the video call from their other best friend.

"Hey!" Noor's excited voice filtered through the phone as she placed it on the dresser so both she and Ahana were in the frame.

"Hi, Noor!"

"Hey, sunshine!"

"You won't believe where-" she cut herself with a frown on her face, "wait, why are you getting ready Ina?"

They chuckled at Noor. "Our sugar here is going on a date." Ahana teased with a small grin.

"Really? Oh my god! Who is the guy? Where did you meet him? Do I know him? Where is-"

"Alright, take a breath, Noor." Inaya stopped her best friend's excited questions.

"His name is Zain and we are partners with him on a recent project, he's also a family friend."

"Wow, office romance, huh?" Noor teased with a giggle.

"Noor, is that Eiffel tower behind you?" Inaya was surprised, Ahana too stopped what she was doing and turned towards the phone.

"YES! Oh god! That's why I called in the first place."

"When did you reach Paris? You were here in India last time we talked." It was Ahana who asked.

"I know, Aarav yesterday told me to pack my bags but didn't tell me where we were going and then surprised me with a honeymoon in Paris."

"How dreamy!" Inaya clapped her hands with hearty eyes and a dreamy look on her face to which Ahana just shook her head with a smile.

"Okay, guys! I need to go Aarav is waiting for me. Ina, all the best for your date and I want details. I'll talk to you guys later."

"Bye!"

After the call, Ahana quickly did her makeup and hair which she put in a low bun with a few strands framing her face and told her to put on the dress.

It was a powder blue wide off-the-shoulder neckline dress with a flared-out skirt that Ahana took out for her. She tried to question Ahana as it was a fancy dress but she only replied with a 'trust me', so she did.

She quickly put it on and paired it with big diamond studs and nude block heels.

◅▫▻

"You look stunning." That was the first thing that came out of Zain's mouth when he saw her. He was wearing black pants and a shirt with the first two buttons undone and a grey jacket over it. It was semi-formal but he looked really nice in it.

"You too." She blurted out.

"I look stunning?"

"No. I mean yes...no. I mean, you look good." Inaya stuttered.

"Why thank you." He had a lazy smile which made him look 10 times better.

After that, he gave her a bouquet that had flowers and chocolates which instantly brightened up her already happy mood.

They walked towards his car when he opened the back door of the car for her. "Milady."

She smiled and thanked him before getting into the car. He came from the other side and sat beside her while the driver started the car.

A few minutes into the drive she asked, "Where are we going?"

"Curious much?"

"Very much."

"Well, you'll know."

They finally reached their destination which was an Italian restaurant. He opened the door for her and she walked in with him close behind. Instrumental jazz music was playing in the background in the restaurant which gave it a relaxing vibe.

"Table for two under Zain Mallik." He gave his name to the receptionist.

A waiter came to guide them to the table. They followed the waiter while Zain lightly put an arm on the small of her back to guide her.

When they reached their table Zain pulled the chair for her and then sat across from her with a smile and the waiter left after telling them that he would come back in a few minutes to take the order.

"Ahana helped you, didn't she?" she asked after they gave their orders to the waiter.

"She told you?"

She chuckled at his surprised expression. "No. I just took a guess."

"What gave me away?"

"Well, I didn't give much attention first but when we came here, everything made sense. Ahana knew what I should wear even though I wasn't so sure. You gave me flowers and chocolates and now we are at my favourite Italian restaurant. Doesn't take a genius to figure out."

"This is your favourite restaurant?"

"Yes. She didn't tell you?"

"No. She helped me with flowers, chocolates and your food preference after I asked nicely but that was it. She wasn't willing to help any further." He said 'nicely' with irritation.

She giggled. "That's such a Ahana thing to do."

"So, what is your preferred cuisine?"

"I do like Italian food but I enjoy Chinese food a lot."

"Alright then, we'll go to a Chinese restaurant next time."

"There would be a next time, huh?" he teased.

She didn't know what to say and she was saved by the waiter who came with their orders.

◅▫▻

The dinner went pleasantly with nice food and laughter. He kept the constant flow of easy conversation and avoided any topic which would make her awkward or uneasy. He was considerate and was paying attention to everything she had to say.

When they were done with the dinner, she tried to insist on splitting the bill but he didn't budge. So, she told him that dessert was on her and that's why they walking on the sidewalk with ice-creams in their hands.

He sat there, during the car drive toward the ice cream parlour, and listened to her the entire time.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when he gently held her hand and pulled her to his other side so he was between her and the road which was bustling with traffic. He didn't let go of her hand and she didn't question it because it felt right at that moment.

Soon they were heading back to her home after finishing their ice creams.