VII

♪♫ Soch zara jaan-e-jahan

Tujhko hum kitna chahte hain

Rote hain hum bhi

Agar teri aankhon mein aansu aate hain...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She froze at the voice of the person she never wanted to see in her life. She noticed that her friends were not laughing anymore—Noor had a worried look while Ahana's jaw was set and she looked ready to pounce on the intruder who ruined their moment. The guys too felt the shift in the energy and came to stand beside them.

The intruder continued without realizing the shift after she turned to look at him. "Long time no see!" the underlying sarcastic tone in his voice wasn't hard to understand.

"Rahil-" Misha—Inaya's first cousin and Rahil's fiancé—cut herself off when she saw her.

"Inu!" Misha took her in a warm hug after she stopped beside Rahil.

"Mish." She acknowledged with barely a smile while ignoring her fiancé.

Rahil came forward to give her a hug when she took a step back. "I see! You still have hard feelings."

"It isn't easy to not have any after what you did and said."

"But I see that you are good with your sister then why not me?"

"I'm not obliged to answer your question, now am I?" she smirked knowing he wouldn't have an answer for that.

He let out a humourless chuckle. "You're talking like her now." He gestured at Ahana by his head while emphasizing 'her' in distaste.

Ahana snickered behind her and said with a smirk, "Oh no! It's all her, I've nothing to do with this," she fake gasped. "Or maybe, it's your unwanted presence. Hard to say."

Inaya smiled at her friend.

"You-" Rahil started but Ahana cut him off.

"If I were you Mr. Qureshi, I would watch my mouth because I'm not as considerate as my friends here, so if anything wrong comes out of your mouth, I would break your face and that too, without any regret." Ahana smiled sarcastically.

Inaya could feel Misha's anger bubbling up but she can be a sensible person sometimes and that's why she hasn't said anything to Ahana because everyone knows that angry Ahana would be a piece of bad news for both of them.

Inaya felt a hand in hers and she knew it was Zain without looking. He was there to support her, even when he knew nothing about what was going on and she felt grateful.

The movement didn't go unnoticed by Rahil or Misha. "Who do we have here?" Rahil couldn't help his nosey personality.

"This is Aarav Malhotra." She introduced, "Noor's husband."