VI

♪♫ Tere khayalon mein beete yeh raatein,

Dil mera maange ek hi dua

Tu saamne ho aur karun main baatein

Lamha rahe yun thehra hua

Pehle to kabi yun

Mujhko na aisa kuch hua

Deewani lehron ko jaise sahil mila...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they reached her apartment building, he insisted on accompanying her to her apartment and she didn't have the heart or reason to say no to him.

Reaching her apartment door she turned to look at him. "I enjoyed tonight."

"I'm glad you did." He smiled, he seemed a little hesitant.

"I'll meet you on Monday?"

"Yes."

She looked at him as he took a step forward and placed a hand under her ear while his thumb stroked her cheek. She looked into his eyes anticipating his next move. He moved closer and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and murmured, "Take care."

He smiled looking down at her which she returned and then he turned around towards the elevator when she stopped him by holding his wrist.

He turned to look at her in question which was answered when she put her arms around his neck and hugged him. He smiled while putting his arms around her waist and hugged her close.

After a few seconds, he reluctantly broke the hug when she pulled back a little. "Goodnight, Zain."

He grinned. "Goodnight, amore."

◅▫▻

She entered the well-lit apartment after opening it with her set of keys. She stepped into the living room only to see Ahana lazing on the couch with a book in her hands and a plate of freshly baked cookies was placed on the table beside her laptop.

"Seriously Ana! You're working? On a Saturday night?"

"I have a book in my hand." Ahana said deadpan while waving the book above her head.

"First, your book is upside down." Ahana looked at the book and closed it with irritation. "And second, your laptop is on."

Ahana turned to look at her laptop and if looks could burn, the device would be on fire.

"Why don't you give yourself a break?" she asked her stubborn friend.

"I did, but after some time, I had nothing to do so I got back to work."

"And what are those things that you did?"

Ahana offered a cookie to her which she gladly accepted. "I baked cookies and prepared my dinner. Then had my dinner while watching 'Purple hearts'—it's a nice movie, by the way, you'll like it. Then I completed this novel." She gestured towards the book that she had in hand a few minutes ago. "I didn't have anything to do after that so I made blueberry muffins which are in the oven right now, so I thought I'd reply to some of the emails in the meantime."

"Wow, that's a lot to do in a few hours. This cookie is mind-blowing by the way."

"Thanks, sugar. Now that we have established that I wasn't actually working, please go and get changed till then muffins would be done and then we'll eat those sugary goods while you tell me about your amazing date which got you all smiling and happy."

And that's what they did. They sat on the couch—after she changed into some comfortable clothes—with cups of hot chocolate and muffins in her hands and she told Ahana everything about the date. She realized that Ahana was right, the date made her happy and more than that Zain's company made her happy and now she was looking forward to what the future had in store for her.

◅▫▻

"Zain, come! I want you to meet someone." She took his hand in hers and walked out of the door to the backyard which was bustling with people.

It's been two months since they went on their first date and after that first date, there was no going back. Zain has been taking her out on numerous dates since then. They have gone out for movies, dinners, breakfast and even late-night ice-creams and she couldn't be happier.

In these two months, she got to know him better and even went to his house in Mumbai to meet and spend some time with his family.

Now they were in her family house in Delhi because it was her sister-in-law—Sana's baby shower. Sana didn't want a large crowd so they ended up inviting only close family and friends.

She saw Ahana, Noor and Aarav near sweet stand so now she was practically dragging Zain towards them so she could finally introduce him to Noor and her husband Aarav because whenever she tried to make a plan some or the other thing came up and they couldn't meet.

"Ina!" Noor's extra excited voice came before she took Inaya in a hug.

She chuckled. "Someone missed me, huh?"

Noor nodded, still excited.

Noor has always been the baby of their group whom both Inaya and Ahana tried to protect and pamper as much as they could.

She looked at Zain over her shoulder who looked very much amused. "Zain, this is Noor and that's Aarav, her husband." She gestured towards Noor and Aarav. "And guys this is Zain-"

"-Her to-be husband." Ahana cut her off.

Noor and Aarav chuckled while Zain coughed and she blushed and tried to glare at her.

Keyword tried because Ahana was unfazed.

"Hey!" Zain smiled at Noor and shook hands with Aarav.

She cleared her throat and said, "We are dating and he is not my, to-be husband."

Ahana piped in, "Not yet. But he'll be your to-be husband very soon. Isn't it Zain?"

"I don't want to get ahead of me but I'll try my best." She whipped around in disbelief but couldn't fight down the blush that crawled up her neck and cheeks.

Another thing that happened in these months is Zain and Ahana's somewhat friendship. They do have some similarities in their personality and taste which made them jam up but they get on each other's throats when there is a disagreement in business.

"Why are you all standing here?" she asked no one in particular.

Noor replied. "Oh, don't ask! Ana got one of her usual sweet cravings so we came to give her company."

She looked at Ahana and no doubt she had a few macaroons on her plate. "Please tell me you're not gonna get high on sugar."

"Have I ever got high on sugar?"

"Um...no?"

"Exactly." She shook her head at Ahana's reply.

She looked at Zain only to see him in a deep conversation with Aarav which made her smile unknowingly.

"Zain is handsome." Noor said while she was still looking at Zain.

"Yes, he is." She realized her mistake a little too late when she heard two sets of laughter coming from her friends.

"Inaya likes Zain." She blushed at Noor's teasing while Ahana just chuckled at her misery.

She cursed herself for getting into a trance only by looking at him because she knew that her friends are not going to let her live this one.

"Inaya, is that you?"