III

♪♫ Kisi shayar ki gazal,

Jo de rooh ko sukoon ke pal,

Koi mujhko yun mila hai,

Jaise banjaare ko ghar...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was in her room, getting ready for dinner in a rich magenta colour plain anarkali kurti with a floral dupatta, for accessories she chose a pair of oxidized earrings. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail.

"Ina, are you ready?" Sana—her brother's wife, asked when she came inside her room after knocking on the door twice.

"Yes, I'm ready." She twirled once after asking, "How am I looking?"

Sana smiled at her antics. "You look gorgeous, as always."

"Thank you."

She looked at her sister-in-law who was clad in a mint green colour dress that had peach embroidery around the neck and sleeves, her five-month baby bump visible clearly.

"Oh my god! You look stunning, bhabhi."

"Thanks, Ina. If you are ready then let's go, they will be here any minute, now."

"You go, I'll come in a few."

"Okay, come fast."

◅▫▻

She walked down the stairs and stood beside her brother and sister-in-law—Aadil and Sana, while her parents greeted their guests at the door.

"You're early, should have come a little late." Aadil mocked her while Sana nudged him to stop.

Inaya gave him a sugary smile. "At least I'm not a baby like you who never remembers anything and doesn't do a thing."

"Stop it both of you. There are guests here, don't fight!" Sana exclaimed.

Her father—Mr. Nasir Khan—walked near along with the guest and his family and introduced them to each other.

Mr. Omar Mallik and Mrs. Saba Mallik were her parents' best friends; all four of them were also classmates during school. Samir, Ayesha, and Ayaan were their elder son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. Their younger son was in the backyard, attending an important call.

So far, she loved Ayaan. He was a cheerful and energetic kid. Mrs. Saba and Ayesha were gentle and easy to talk to while Mr. Omar had a warm aura around him. Samir was introverted but he did pass a few smiles to everyone in acknowledgment.

After the greetings, her mother—Mrs. Zeenat Khan—guided all of them toward the dining room where the dining table was almost overflowing with mouth-watering dishes.

"Zeenat, you have overdone yourself. You didn't have to take so much trouble." Mrs. Saba Mallik voiced out in a concerned tone.

"Don't worry about it." Her mother dismissed with a smile and gestured for everyone to take their seats. "Oh! I forgot biryani in the kitchen. Let me just get it."