CHAPTER 13 - HEARTACHES

Your body is imperfectly perfect, everyone wants what the other one's working

FLASHBACK

          The two girls were walking along the streets of the undercity, Powder being visibly determined. "Are you sure this is a good idea? I heard your sister say for you to stay—" Y/N started staying only to be interrupted by Powder.
"Screw what my sister says! She's only saying that because she thinks I'm weak!!" Powder snapped. Y/N sighed before silence consumed the two again. She stare at the small butterfly knife resting in her palms for moments before speaking up.
"I don't know if we should do this, I mean you could get hurt and I'm not trained enough to protect you—" whispered Y/N before being interrupted again.
"I don't need you to protect me!"
"I know but—"
"No buts! You think I am weak don't you? Just like everyone else!"
"I don't!"
"Yes you do!!"
"No I don't! I just want you to be safe!"
"So what?! I don't wanna hear it if it means for you to act like my mom!"
"I don't want you to fucking die you hear me?! If we go in there and I have to see you die like everyone else I don't know how I'll manage to be okay again..."
"Then leave! If you aren't gonna do this with me then I'll do it by myself."
"That's the thing! You aren't listening! I don't want YOU to go! I care about YOU! I don't give a damn if I die because at least YOU have something!"
"Yeah like what? A family who underestimates me, a BEST FRIEND who underestimates me?!"
"You HAVE a family! You have people who love you! I don't! And I don't underestimate you! I don't want you to die because I LOVE YOU OKAY?!" *SLAP*
It was moments before Y/N actually felt the sting on her cheek. She placed her hand on her cheek looking down for moments before finally making eye contact with Powder, anger evident in her eyes and tears welling up. Powder's hand was still in the air and she seemed frozened.
The reality finally set in for the two and before Powder could even speak Y/N ran off tears falling down. This was the first time Powder has ever seen Y/N cry and it broke her heart. "Wait Swing Kid come back! I'm sorry okay?!" Her call reached to no sound, so Powder decided to just go on without Y/N.

[FLASHBACK OVER]

          I didn't realize that my feet took me away while lost in thought. Pain seeped through my pores and I wiped my tears quickly before they drop. Jinx didn't seem to be chasing after and I didn't care. I don't think I would be able to face her ever again after that.
         I felt so stupid, getting upset over a grudge from so many years ago. But I couldn't help it, I lost myself over that night. The days where I would lock myself in my room and stare blankly, trying to feel strong emotions again. I remember those nights so well because all I could feel at those moments was frustration from not being able to cry.
          The days where I would stare in the mirror, feeling nothing but guilt that I lost my only friend, my only love. There was a few time I punched the mirror and had to patch up my knuckles from the glass getting into them. My parents weren't happy, mirrors are so expensive in Zaun.
          I didn't realize how far I went until I bumped into someone also so familiar. Vi. Powder, now known as Jinx's sister. The same girl I saw with that enforcer but didn't recognize, who is still with her. I ran pass quickly, because I know she wouldn't recognize me. I didn't care. The pain felt so heavy in my heart I couldn't take it.
           I glanced at the pub that was right in my face and walked in. No emotion was seen on my face and I went to the bar. Shot after shot, I drank the pain away until I couldn't take anymore. Drunk out of my mind I was resting my head on the bar. Suddenly I heard a voice I could recognize anywhere, my mother.

"Let's go Y/N. You have no time for moping."

AUTHOR'S NOTEI'm back from the dead finally

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I'm back from the dead finally. If you haven't seen already I changed this to fem!reader because it was easier personally to write. Sorry to all who don't like it. I'm also extremely sorry for not updating since like June💀. Love y'all
Edit 2: if you haven't seen my comment i changed some parts of this story, specifically the last part of last chapter. for this one to make sense i suggest to reread the other parts for this one to be comprehensible.
-M