CHAPTER 8 - KISSES IN THE RAIN

You build me up like building blocks just so you can bring me down

After that whole fiasco I couldn't get Jinx out of my head. It's like she has this charm on me that makes her irresistible. Once I made it back home I face planted into my bed and sighed loudly. All of these feelings are so new to me and it's pissing me off.
          I hate how much things are changing and quickly. Before I just woke up, did my job, smoke some, did any extra stuff, smoke some more, and then went to sleep. Now all these events are happening and my emotions are out of control. I can feel frustrated tears forming in my eyes, a habit I had as a child.

[FLASHBACK THOUGHTS]

           Mommy let me try my first job today, I hope I do well! But I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to kill them. Daddy already got them for me so it'll make it a little easier. I stare at the victim in front of me while holding a knife that I got for my 5th birthday! It's my favorite because it has pretty butterflies on it.
I go up to the man and put my lovely knife to his throat. He stares at me in boredom and seems to be waiting. I press it down until blood start gushing out. After I awhile I took it away because I'm pretty he's dead now! I look up to his face to see the same expression.
Fumbling, I decide to go for the heart to make it quicker. I look over to mommy making sure she's not getting impatient. She gives me an encouraging thumbs up and I get my confidence back.
I press the knife into his chest where the heart is, but I still see him breathing. "How are you still alive?!" I snap angered. I began to get frustrated and I feel tears forming in my eyes. Water spills onto my face and I felt myself loosing control.
Before I knew it I was punching the bastards face at a rapid speed. I didn't even realize what I am doing until I feel a hand on my shoulder. Mommy... I look over to the man's face seeing that he's finally dead. "I'm sorry mommy! I got so mad at him a-and he looked so annoyed at me," I cried tears still falling down my face.
Mommy just gave me a soft smile and patted my head. "Sweetie what did I tell you about crying, only weak people do it," she reminds me. I wipe my tears and return to my neutral expression. "Right I forgot mommy," I said.

[FLASHBACK OVER]

I remember that day like it was yesterday. That was the day where I learned to control my emotions. Taking a deep breath I rest my eyes and go into a deep slumber. I dont usually dream so I wasn't surprised to be greeted with darkness. Waking up in the morning wasn't anything big.
While adjusting my eyes to the light, I hear voices from downstairs. Great of course they are home right now. I stretch and head downstairs to get something to eat. Once I enter the kitchen I see my mom and dad there. I ignore them and head to the refrigerator to grab some fruit.
          My parents don't even notice me until they hear the refrigerator close. With a startle expression, they look over to my direction. "Good morning Y/N," my mom drawls. I nod her way and bite the apple in my hand. Before I could walk out of the room a hand grabs my wrist. I look up to the owner of this hand to see dad's face.
          "Wait we want to talk to you about something," he explains quickly. I roll my eyes and stop trying to walk away. "What do you want? It's too early to fight and I have a job to get to," I growl annoyed. My dad looks like he was about to say something before my mom interrupts. "We heard about your job with Silco, you need to quit that job," my mom says blandly.
          My eyes widen in shock at her words before my face quickly turns to anger. "What?!" I exclaim loudly. Father starts trying to explain why but I didn't want to hear it. I stormed out of the room with the half-eaten apple still in hand. I don't care if mom will punish me when I see her again, I'm not quitting this gig.
I head up to my room and grab some stuff. I open my window and climb out of it to avoid interaction with my parents. While walking to Silco and Jinx's place I spot a convenient store near. I head into that direction instead and enter the place. Looking around it seemed pretty old but I didn't care.
I grab some snacks and head to the check out area. Placing the stuff I got on the counter I look up to the employee. "Can I get two packs of {insert cigarette brand} with this too," I ask and the person nodded back. I pay for my things and head out of the store. I grab a cigarette out of my newly bought pack.
While lighting it I can see that the sky looks like it's about to rain. I pondered if I should wait the storm out but decided against it. It wasn't raining just yet so I had time until it did. I walked about halfway there until I felt the rain starting to pick up. My cigarette was done and I felt even more stressed than I did earlier.
Grumbling, I continue walking to the place while the rain started pouring down. I felt miserable but it all changed when I felt cover over me. "What are you doing our here in the rain cutie?" a familiar voice questions. I look over to see Jinx in all her glory. "Nice to see you too psycho," I mumble trying to not show my annoyance.
She practically reads me like an open book her face softened. I already knew I looked a mess from how I felt. We walk to the place in comfortable silence while she keeps the umbrella over us. I didn't mind the silence and starting feeling better with just her presence.
Jinx stops walking and I look over to her with curiosity written all over me. We make eye contact that feels like forever. It was like we got lost in eachother and I didn't even realize we were going closer to the other. Soon enough I feel lips on mine and my eyes widen in shock.
I kiss back without even realizing it and felt sparks through my body. The butterflies in my stomach grew and I felt like I was on cloud 9. We kissed for what seemed like ages in the rain until we broke apart. Neither of us said anything and just stared at eachother in shock.

What the hell just happened?

AUTHORS NOTEHey guys I finally finished this chapter

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys I finally finished this chapter. Ignore how I use Shenhe for the photo above instead of something else I just didn't know what to put. This chapter is long mainly because I haven't posted as often as before so here is my apology. This almost has 3k reads which is crazy! Thank you guys and I love you <3
-M
———————————————————————————
Word Count: 1167
Status: Not edited