CHAPTER 11 - DEATHLY CRIES

If you can't handle a heart like mine, don't waste your time with me

          I stood frozen for a little. Are these people imposters or something? Either my parents suspected my curiosity and chose to ignore it, or didn't realize it because all my father did was pat my shoulder and continued with his business.
          As the two of them continued, leaving me puzzled, I slowly head back to my room to finish getting ready. While I dress in my usual attire, I remain my stoic expression the whole time.
          I brush my teeth and grab my essentials to head out. As per usual, I use the old window in my room to get going. I ponder whether I should continue this job or not. Technically I don't have to worry about getting killed by Silco because of my parents.
          Silco may be the leader of the hellhole, but my family is well known for their dirty tricks. For some reason, we have loopholes around life that others don't. You could say this is a privilege, but I like to think of it as the power we worked for.
          The L/N's could be compared by the power of Piltover if you would like a comparison. The whole reason my mother married my father was because of his last name. It brings fear to those who are "powerless" and envy to those who are powerful.
          When I was younger I despised my mother for it, but I grew to appreciate it. I wouldn't say my life was easy, but it made me feel powerful in itself. Did I ramble off again? Sorry, I don't mean to but growing up I never really had friends to tell my stories...

[FLASHBACK]

          A child can be seen on the ground, covered in water from head to toe. "Look at them, why look so pitiful Y/N?" taunted a young girl. Anger flashed through Y/N's eyes and for once their stoic expression disappears.
        Blood. Y/N's fists were balled up and they were panting heavily. The girl from before had a black eye and beat-up lips. "Y-you monster! Just wait until my parents hear about this!" the unknown girl spitted out, but all Y/N did was walk away with the same stoic expression they were wearing before.

[FLASHBACK OVER]

          As I'm walking around Zaun I find myself bumping into someone. A blue-headed girl comes into my view but I find that it isn't the same one I'm familiar with. "Sorry, I didn't see you there," I say, in a blank tone. Before the girl could speak I walk away not bothering to continue the conversation.
          I find myself ending up in front of Silco's office without even realizing it. Before I could turn away I feel a hand on my shoulder. Flinching, I look over to see the familiar craze look I've gotten used to.
          "Y/N? Where have you been? Usually, you come much earlier! I was getting worried..." Jinx pouted. I nod my head to greet her and she tilts her head. "What's with the boring greeting? Come on I thought I broke your shell already!" She skips in front of me.
          "That would be unprofessional of me. I am your bodyguard you know." I replied trying to forget the kiss we shared. She frowns this time looking more sincere. I felt my face heating up so I covered it with my mask. I look up to see Jinx giggling.
          She grabs my wrist and drags me to her room, and makes me sit down on one of the fan things. "I want to show you my new creation! You're going to love it!" she says excitedly. I watch as she pulls out some sort of gun and loads it.
          She looks over to where I assume a target is and shoots it. She continues showing off her new gun and I just watch quietly. After about ten minutes pass she finally stops. I stare into her eyes and get lost in them. When was Jinx so pretty...?
          As I look into her eyes more I realize I recognize them from somewhere. They remind me of... Powder? But not that can't be right! Powder died in the explosion just like her sister. Stop Y/N they're gone you have to accept that!
          Maybe I was mumbling because when I looked up Jinx's eyes widened and at that moment I realized something.

I never told Powder my name when we were young...

AUTHORS NOTEHello readers, if you haven't seen the updated version of this book's description, I'm only updating this and my other book on Sundays

AUTHORS NOTE
Hello readers, if you haven't seen the updated version of this book's description, I'm only updating this and my other book on Sundays. I'll try my best to do it every Sunday but I can't guarantee that. I love you guys <3
-M
———————————————————————————
Word Count: 737