CHAPTER 3 - JINXED

I'm laughing, I'm crying, it feels like I'm dying

          I decided to use the next day to prepare myself for the chaos I knew was gonna happen. Making sure to find my best and favorite knives as well as some other weapons in case they are needed. Looking in the mirror I check my outfit and fix my hair so that it won't be a pain tomorrow.
          I put my weapons in a safe place that I know I'll remember. After I finished getting everything ready, I head to the roof of the place I live in. Taking out a cigarette and lighting it while finally taking a break. I let my face relax from its usual serious expression and close my eyes. As the nicotine enters my body, I find myself smiling just the tiniest bit.
          I don't smile often, since that's a sign of weakness. I only do so whenever I'm alone and no one can see. Breathing in the chemical-filled air, I open my eyes and look at the stars above. my mind goes back to the girl, Jinx I think her name was. She seems so strange, yet powerful. Her looks were mesmerizing and I can't like she's beautiful.
          I don't care for romance or anything, but she was so pretty... Snap out of it Y/N you know love with only get you hurt, you don't want a repeat of last time. As I smoke and watch the stars, I spot a drunkard that looks to be bothering a girl. Guess I get to have my fun for the night.

[TIME SKIP]

          I wake up in the morning, adjust my eyes to the sun and stretch my limbs. My hands feel gross and when I look down I see blood on them. I must have been too tired to take a shower last night. Getting into that shower I go over in my head what I have to do today. Oh right, I have to start the deal today.
After taking a shower, I get my outfit on and pack my weapons in the pockets that are on my pants. I look in the mirror and fix my hair so that it's not a rat nest. I finish up with my hygiene and make sure to check that I look presentable. I take one last look in the mirror before grabbing a pack of cigarettes off the counters, the lighter my mom gave me for my 15th birthday, and anything else I'll need.
Situating myself, I think about how everything will turn out. The girl seems nice, but crazy if anything. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she has a secret, but I can't tell exactly what it is. Sighing, I take a cigarette out of the packet and light it, heading out to meet with Silco. Taking puffs out of the cigarette while walking to the place, I feel the relief spreading through my body.
I look around at the scenery with a stoic look on my face. Shimmer has caused so many problems and pain, it's pitiful. The undercity looks disastrous, dystopian-like. I would say that I'm sad about it, but honestly, I don't care all that much.
I must have zoned out because I'm met with Silco's office when I am out of my head. The door is closed and I hear voices from the inside. I couldn't hear it but I didn't want to barge in while whoever was in there are arguing. I could tell Silco was one of them so I know he's in there.
I knock on the door and hear some shuffling before the door creaks open. "Ah Y/N, come in," Silco drawled in a voice that seems so lifeless. He must have forgotten I was coming. Entering the office I look around for any traps as usual and mark everything as clear.
I nod my head to Sevika, as I respect her a lot. I've only met Sevika a couple of times, but she's strong and from her body language confident. I look over to Silco and notice he seems stressed, but I pay no mind to it. "Where is Jinx? You did say you wanted me to start today," I inquired, wanting to get started as soon as possible.
Silco's eye twitches from my remark but says nothing. He signs before speaking again, almost like I'm wasting his time. "She's in her room right now, you can go up there and introduce yourself," he replied, with a hint of annoyance. I nod my head again and find the opening to her so-called room.
        Jinx's room doesn't look like one that much, more like an inventor's workshop. Everything was on top of what looked like a giant ceiling fan. The girl herself was sitting near a couch repeating "I'm not weak," over and over. "Uh, Jinx? Are you good?" I asked, trying to sound as serious as possible.
          She lifts her head sharply and fixes her gaze on me. I can tell she thought of something and started to grin. "Y/N! Can you help me with something?" she cheered, almost like she wasn't having a panic attack earlier. "Depends what it is," I debated, wondering what she was to do.
          Her grins widen at my words, and my face grows hot. Snap out of it, ignore your feelings you have a job to do. "I want you to help me blow a building, you don't have to do too much so don't worry!" Jinx exclaimed acting like she didn't just tell me about her plan to kill people. I ponder what I should respond with because I'm supposed to protect this girl. I guess it couldn't hurt.

"Fine, I'll help you."

AUTHORS NOTEThis chapter is longer than my others but I like this one a lot

AUTHORS NOTE
This chapter is longer than my others but I like this one a lot. Thank you guys for the votes and sorry this chapter took so long to come out, love you guys <3
-M
———————————————————————————
Word Count: 943
Status: Edited