CHAPTER 5 - CUPID'S BOMBS

I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard

I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard. While you walk away with the frosting of my heart.

          Waking up the next morning my limbs felt sore for running so much. The adrenaline made me feel painless. I stretch and yawn, waiting for my body and mind to wake up for the day. I almost forgot that I have to do my job today especially since I didn't yesterday. Grabbing my gear and getting ready, I head out to do work.
        The first person I have to kill is a abusive parent, how fun. Parents that hurt their kids make me disgusted so it's always a good time when I get assigned to them. The pay was pretty high too so that makes it even better.

[TIME SKIP]

After finishing up and showering, I start heading over to hang out with Jinx. Hopefully Silco isn't mad about the whole blowing up a building. Once I reach there I head into her room as swiftly as possible. When I get there I hear loud rock music and see Jinx inventing something. I tap on her shoulder since I know she won't be able to hear me over the music.
When I do so, she looks back at me and smiles widely. She looks like a bug with those googles. "Hey there cutie~" she flirts, winking at me making my face heat up. "Fuck off," I mumble, annoyed but also flustered by her. "You're the one who came her in the first place cutie," she laughs in a teasing way. I glare at her in response which only makes her laugh more.
          Jinx goes back to whatever she was making with the music in full blast while I take out a cigarette and watch in interest. Lost in thought, I don't realize Silco behind us yelling.
"Jinx!"
"That's me~"
"Half a dozen of enforcers, dead! Enforcers! Dead!"
"Yeahh~"
"A building, blown to pieces!"
"Oh! Yeah~"
"Do you have any idea what you've done?!"
"Actually, I do."
          Jinx then pulls out the Hextech and shows Silco. His face turns from anger to shock. I was just watching the whole scene with boredom and continue smoking. Silco looks over to me still with a surprised look on his face. "Were you apart of this too?" he questions with a glint in his eyes. I only nod in response while finishing off my cigarette.
        Silco grumbled some incoherent things and seems to be rethinking all his life decisions. Jinx than goes up to him and hugs Silco, looking the calmest I've ever seen. It seems the two have a father-daughter relationship or something. I just waited until they were done awkwardly so that I didn't interfere.
          After that whole fiasco I stood up to leave since it was pretty much nighttime. Nighttime is when I make deals with people at The Last Drop on Fridays so I needed to get there as soon as possible. Making deals there is one of the things I'm known for. Before I could leave I felt someone pull me into a hug. Jinx... I look at her in confusion. "Thank you for helping me," she whispers as she hugs me tighter.

"Of course psycho."

AUTHORS NOTEHey guys sorry I didn't post a chapter earlier

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys sorry I didn't post a chapter earlier. I had a eye doctor appointment and my day was really busy. Thank you guys for 300+ reads, I really appreciate it! Love you guys <3
-M
———————————————————————————
Word Count: 511
Status: Not edited