Chapter 14

Stevies Pov

"She did not do that when she was four." I say  in-between fits of laughter at what Beau was telling me about Belle.

"I swear, at four she locked herself in the neighbors car. She climbed out the window, and when my parents finally found her. My dad asked her what she was doing. She said she was going to the north pole to ask Santa personally if he lost her new puppy on the sleigh." He responds fondly.

Remembering all the things him and his sister got into as kids. I would've like to see them together getting into trouble. I bet it was something to witness.

"Oh my God. What did your dad say?"

"Well after having a heart attack because they couldn't find her. He got her the dog. The next day a box with a delayed note was taped to it. A letter from Santa saying he misplaced a present for her."

"I can't believe she finally got her way in the end." I respond amusingly.

His mouth quirks up into a half grin. "Trust me, Belle always eventually gets her way. It's sometimes hard growing up with a girl twin. But than again I love her so I deal."

We walk side by side down the sidewalk as we make our way towards the destination I want to show him.

A dessert in my hand that V shoved in my arms before shooing us out.

"At least you had a sibling. Someone to talk too and play with. I always wanted a little sibling to care for. Preferably a little sister because you know boys are gross." I say as I stick my tongue out at him.

"Okay slightly offended, but I think Belle would have to agree with you on that one." He laughs before finishing, "having a sibling has it perks don't get me wrong, but then sometimes you wish for some peace from them, especially if they are always around."

I nod my head along to what he was saying. "I can see how that could get annoying." I say.

"You have no idea. Your parents didn't want anymore kids?" He questions curiously.

" My parents were trying before my dad suddenly passed way. My mom never remarried. So it was just me."

I feel his gaze on me, but I avoid the looks of sympathy I know crosses his face. Everyone always looks that way after I tell them about my father.

"Umm I am sorry if this is to forward, but can I ask you how he passed?" He asks with a sympathy laced voice.

I nod my head yes "It was a car wreck. We suspect an accident. There was ice and we think the car that hit him lost control of the vehicle." I state as I try to swallow back tears.

He stops walking as he lightly grabs my hand with one of his and with the his other hand, he gently lifts my chin up.

The look in his eyes of sympathy, and warmth.  The tingles from him touching me, brings the tears to my eyes.

"Hey, I am sorry Stevie, about your dad." He says as his thumb swips softly across my cheek.

I swallow down a lump of tears to the back of my throat. I shrug "Its okay, you were not the person who hit him. It happen awhile ago."

He looks at me with sadness "It still brings you pain. You loved him and that helps you remember him. Grief is a process, but grief helps you remember too. Love and grief are one in the same. You can't have one without the other."

Tears hit my cheeks as I take in what he says. I try to blink them away, but he beats me to it as his thumb wipes them away.

"Wow Beau, you really know how to treat a girl. Got her crying on the first date." I joke trying to lighting up the depressing mood.