Luckily, even back then Bill had his charms and cunning wit to help him out of a sticky situation.

"Killing me wouldn't do you any good. Not only would I give you terrible indigestion, but you would also be killing the only one who might be able to help save your realm from total destruction," Bill hissed, glaring up at them with his singular eye.

Pyronica sucked her tongue back in, staring down at him before bursting out into a fit of laughter. "Ha! You?! How exactly is some flat freak like you going to save the Nightmare Realm from total destruction?"

"I wouldn't judge a book by its cover, if I were you. I'm capable of much more than what it seems on the outside."

"Is that right~?" Pyronica hummed. She looked down at Bill, a bit lost in thought before she snapped her fingers. Both 8 Ball and Teeth released Bill from their iron grip. This caused the triangle to quickly spin around to face Pyronica, holding one of his arms in the other and rubbing it caringly. "Alright... Prove it."

"Excuse me?"

"Prove that you are more than what you seem. Prove that you are powerful enough to save our realm from collapsing. Do this, and we won't eat you. I mean, I suppose we've been needing a leader to lead us for quite some time— but I'm not just going to let anyone waltz in here and lead us."

Bill knew what was going to happen next. He wished he could stop himself from saying what he did next. But this was only a memory, a memory of the past that had already occurred. He couldn't change what had been done.

"Just tell me what I need to do. Tell me, and it'll be done."

A thick fog clouded Bill's vision. He couldn't see anything for a moment until the fog began to disappear and reveal a different memory of his. One he would have rather had left forgotten if he could.

Saw his own dimension burn.

Everything was in flames. The fire was so hot. And he just watched from a distance as it all came falling down.

Misses home and can't return.

This was the place he had grown up in. This had been his home. His parents were down there, burning alive before his eye.

Says he's happy. He's a liar.

This is what he wanted though, right? He hated this dimension anyhow. It was too flat for his liking. He didn't care if it was gone. He didn't care if those he had loved were gone. It was fine, everything was fine

Blame the arson for the fire.

"Well, would you look at that? You really are a freak just like the rest of us." Pyronica slapped Bill across the back, holding a wide grin. "Maybe you can be of use to us, after all."

Bill stayed silent, more focused on the flames than whatever it was Pyronica was saying to him.

It was all gone. It was all gone and it was his fault.

His fault.

His fault.

His fault.

"Welcome to the family! What did you say your name was, again?"

He slowly began to turn away from the destruction he caused, turning so he could face Pyronica and give her his name for the very first time. The name that shall be remembered as the one who destroyed the second dimension. Because this is how it happened, this is how he remembered it happening.