Chapter 7

The rest of the day had gone by pretty smoothly after they left the three teens to do some investigating and research over at the town line. After getting something to eat, Y/n set some ground rules for Bill at their house like what he was allowed to eat, telling him he was never allowed to touch their cookie jar or ice cream stash. He was not allowed in certain rooms, for example: Y/n's room was strictly off limits. Bill was required to clean up after himself and help with chores when asked to, he was not allowed to make a mess. And unless he was given permission from Y/n to do so, he was not allowed to leave the house without them.

Bill found all these rules that the human was listing off quite humorous. A king among demons was being expected to do house chores and stay inside like a pet? It was hilarious! If it wasn't for the fact that Y/n was their source of shelter, food, and money at the moment he would have killed them on the spot for daring to take control over him like this. But at the moment, he was pretty weak. He wasn't at full strength right now. All day he had tried to summon even a single blue flame but nothing occurred, his magic wasn't working like it should be and it worried him. His magic was still with him, was it not? It did transfer over with him when he was reincarnated, right? He wasn't sure. So for now, until he could be at full power again he thought it would be interesting to listen to the human for now and see where this went. Bill thought it might be fun just to humour the human and let them believe they were in control for now.

For the rest of the afternoon, they watched tv, relaxed, ate, and at the end of the day Bill used the couch as a bed once more while Y/n retreated back to their room for the night.

The next day, Y/n introduced Bill to the bathroom of the house, handing over some shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and towel before leaving him be and going to go read in the living room. It was Y/n's silent way of saying "you reek, you smell like swamp water, go take a shower." They were almost tempted to light some candles just to try and cover up the stench but decided against it. If another power outage was to occur, they'd need to save up those candles just in case. For the time being, they settled with spraying air freshener around the house and cracked open some windows while Bill showered before sitting down and relaxing with a book.

It took about 20 minutes before Bill exited the bathroom, water dripping from his hair onto the hardwood floor as he made his way into the living room. He had draped his towel over his shoulders, his clothes back on just as they had been before he went and showered.

Before he could open his mouth, Y/n lifted their head only to gasp and shake their head. "No no no- why would you go and put those clothes back on? That defeats the purpose of the shower if you put those back on!"

"...Yeah, well it was either these clothes or I came out naked. It's not like you handed me a pair of clothes that I could change into." He shrugged, looking down at his attire. He seemed pretty relaxed on the outside, but on the inside he was cringing so hard as he felt the clothes rest against his skin once more. These clothes were absolutely horrendous, he much preferred a suit and bowtie to whatever it was he was wearing right now. But he also had a bit of class and some self respect for himself which was why he chose the disgusting clothes over coming out in a nude body. The idea of coming out naked made him uncomfortable, and at this point he just had to weigh his options of which choice he hated more. Nudity won. Clothes from the lake seemed to be the only option to go with from there.

"...You don't have any other clothes. ...Right. You need to get clothes." Y/n clasped their hands together, taking a deep breath in and letting it out slowly. "Well then... screw my day off from work, I guess. It looks like you and I are taking a trip to the mall. I can't exactly let you walk around with one outfit all day every day like some cartoon character."

Bill's face slowly grew into a wide grin, becoming very excited over the idea of going outside of this house once again and getting himself some proper attire to wear. The idea of burning a hole through the human's wallet as he picked out whatever clothes he wanted made him very giddy.