Taunting

Damian could see the tension in his shoulders. Drake had suggested they spar, Damian wasn't entirely sure why but was willing to oblige this request. He felt he could stand the light exercise.

Apparently Drake had points to prove. Damian knew better than to underestimate any opponent. No matter the circumstances of the fight. Drake had learned some new things while he'd been gone and Damian was now paying the price for not paying attention sooner.

Normally he'd go offensive, he'd strike first forcing his opponents into the corner. Drake wasn't giving him time to get any hits in. All of Damian's focus was dedicated to anticipating and then blocking each strike and move.

He never struggled this much to get the upper hand.

A thought occurred in the back of his mind. Did Drake take it easy on him? Did he do it often? He must if this is one the first times that he isn't sure how to take down his opponent.

The worst part was the fight wasn't even that long.

After maybe five minutes of deflecting blows Damian finds himself flat on his back, panting.

Drake stands off to the side for a moment. Seeming to center himself before offering a hand to help Damian on his feet.

It's offensive.

He can stand on his own.

Damian slips back into position. "Again."

"Again?" Drake seems annoyed. "Why? You lost, fair and square. We didn't use weapons and I didn't cheat."

"Let's go again." Damian repeats more forcefully.

Drake rolls his eyes but compiles nonetheless.

The next match is over even quicker. It takes Damian a few extra moments to get his feet underneath him. Drake doesn't offer to help this time but does watch carefully.

"Again." Damian crouches low. He will not lose a third time.

"Maybe you should take a minute." Drake offers. He doesn't even look winded.

"Scared?"

Drake glares before slipping back.

This time Damian can tell he's holding back. Instead of striking first like he had been, he dodges each one of Damian's blows. He's trying to run out Damian's energy.

His stare feels like it pierces Damian's skin as they observe each other from opposite ends of the training mat. This fight was going much longer.

Damian plans to wait for Drake to make the first move and provide the opening. But he doesn't, he waits, patiently. Damian isn't so patient. Drake, very clearly, is counting on it.

As soon as Damian moves Drake moves back towards the offensive as they begin to trade blows.

Damian finds himself lying on the floor once again. Drake stands over him offering his hand once more.This time Damian takes it.

"You're just having an off day." Drake offers. "We all have those."

Damian blinks at him. "That must be it."

He isn't sure why Drake is letting Damian save face. But he doesn't hate it.

He'll get him back tomorrow.

Just a heads up. These last four stories are a little more heavy. Bye