Alone

Dick knows he shouldn't.

It always ends badly.

But he does. He does because...

Well he can't really come up with a reason at the moment. There's always a million reasons not to and right now, at this current point in time, when he feels he's the lowest he's ever been he can't remember why he agreed. Why? He always agrees.

He shouldn't.

It isn't his problem.

He's always the one to fall on the sword. Always the one to take the fall. Always the one to take responsibility, to take charge, to be what everyone needs him to be.

Yet here he is. Lying in the dirt, lower than low because he agreed. He agreed and now he has nowhere to go and no one to go to.

There is no one out there for him. Everyone thinks he's dead anyways. Bruce is gone, not dead but gone all the same. Damian is gone.

Someone he swore he'd protect is gone and it's his fault.

He'd tried to save everyone and Bruce...

Well Bruce asked and that's why he did it. That's why he always does it, isn't it? There's no other reason needed.

Batman calls and he answers, he always answers. It's what he's been trained to do. It's what he's been raised to do. It's what's expected of him.

No one here knows him, knows what he's truly capable of.

It gives him an edge. It's what the mission needed.

But at what cost?

What's the point in fighting this if you lose yourself?

He has no one. There's no point to all of this anymore.

He is completely, truly, utterly alone.

Super short. Super sad.