Chapter 6-Do Something

Start from the beginning

This cannot be happening right now. Please, not here, not in front of him.

I'm having a panic attack. Right now, right here. I feel like I'm about faint. My head is spinning, and all the screaming and cries are making my head hurt. Every time this happens, I take my pills, but OfCourse, classic me forgot her goddamn medicine back at home. Just as I feel my knees go weak, I feel two strong arms wrap around me. "Nora, w-what's wrong are you okay?" Miles asks me as I hold on to him. "I'm h-having a panic attack, Miles do something" I whisper.

He slowly picks me up from the ground, bridal style as he starts running towards the bathrooms. He slowly puts me down on the ground as tears keep falling down my cheeks, as my body shakes. We hear another sudden gunshot, which makes my heart beat twice as my hand go to my hair. Then, suddenly all the sounds stop, I can't hear my cries, any gunshots or any screams.

My eyes slowly close, as I finally hear a calming voice, muffled with sobs speak. "Nora,  calm down amor, it's just you and me right now." he says as my breath calms down, and my eyes slam shut. His hands go straight towards my waist pulling me closer, as my hands rest on his chest. I don't know how long we stayed like that, but I didn't even move a bit. I felt warmth as his arms held me tight, as if he was trying to protect me from whatever the hell just

____________________________________

MILES HERNANDEZ

I hold her tightly as tears threaten to fall from my eyes. She looked so helpless, I felt like my heart was shattered in to a million pieces. Her breath slows down as I keep one of my hands on her waist, and the other on the back of her head.

She felt so warm, so calming as her scent filled up all of my senses. "Your safe amor" I whisper as her hands go towards my hair. I've never been this comfortable with any girl in my life, including my ex, but something about her, makes me want to hold and protect her against any shit in the world.

I literally just fucking met her,calm down miles.

Then I suddenly hear sirens coming from outside, as I let out a sigh of relief. A few minutes pass by, as a few people come running towards the bathroom. "Is anyone in here?" I hear a familiar voice say. It was Jake's dad. He's a cop, and nearly like a father to me."Mrs.Adrews, I'm here" I yell as he comes running towards the locked door. "Miles, son is that you" he says as he unlocks the door and looks at me and Nora who's still in my arms unconscious.

Are you okay?" he asks before picking up Nora from my arms and helps me slowly get up. "yeah, we're fine, s-she had a panic attack and t-then she started to cry then she f-fell asleep, or I t-think she might have fainted" I say all in one breath, as I sob again. "Miles, calm down son, now you go outside next to all the other people and your principal and I'm going to take her to the hospital, what's her name again?" he asks as I run my hand through my hair.

"Nora, Nora Rodriguez" I say. Just as he was about to leave, I stop him. "Make sure she's gonna be okay, and please call me when you arrive at the hospital" I say as he nods, and then leaves. I slowly walk outside, as I see several police cars, ambulance, and news reporters surround our school. I see Eva sitting on a bench next to a cop, as she cries. I spot Jake and Elliot, my best friends, talking to a cop as I run towards them. "Miles" they both say as they hug me.

I finally break down in their arms, as I hug them back tightly. I was so overwhelmed about everything that just happened. As we pull out, I see both of their eyes also red, proving that I wasn't the only cry baby here. "Bro, where's Nora?" Jake asks as I put both my hand on the crook of my neck. "Your dad took her to the hospital a few minutes ago, don't worry Tho, she just had a Panick attack, nothing else" I say as I knew what was going through his mind.

"Can everybody pay attention to me please," we all hear a cop speak through a megaphone, as we all shift our attention towards him. "I know most of you don't know what's going on, and very scared so I'm going to briefly explain.

Please do.

"Two shooters have entered the back of our school, hunting down a student who owed them money and still didn't hand it to them. So, they basically decided to come get it their Selfs. We caught one of them, but the other ran off before we even arrived. The girl who was being hunted, was Mia Cameron, was shot. And sadly, we just got the news that she unfortunately passed away" he says as everybody gasps.

Mia died?!

As far as I know, she was top of most of our classes, and Elliot's girlfriend. I turn to look at him only to find him crying and screaming as Jake holds him down. I get down and hug him. "I'm sorry buddy" I say as I tear up."S-SHE COULD'VE TOLD ME" he sobs as we hold him tighter. I slowly get up, as I hear my phone ring. When I see Jake's dad pops up, I quickly answer. " Is she okay?" Is the first thing I say when he answers. "She's fine buddy, doc said that she had a minor Panick attack, and fainted from shock, but physically she's fine, tell me is Nora your girlfriend" he asks as I freeze.

"No, she's my umm, very close friend though, why?" I ask in confusion. He softly chuckles, "well she was constantly whispering your name in her sleep" he says as I feel heat rise towards my cheeks. "Did she now" is all I could say before he ends the call saying he had to do something. They sent us back to our dorms, as police guards were going to secure the school the whole night. But me and Jake take Eva and head towards the Hospital Nora was in.