27. festen på palatset (1)

A/N: Festen på palatset=the party at the palace.

"Well, at least I'm still doing my 70s/Diana Ross hair, gold dress, and fur coat, even if we didn't all manage to stay on the 70s theme." Felice looked around at the Frederika, Stella and Maddie who were dressed in a hodge podge of different decades' styles.

"Well I really wanted to do 80s New Wave, but they're pretty similar!" Frederika was dressed in head to toe neon, a tutu, excessive jewelry and accessories, as well as a side ponytail that made her look quite like Cyndi Lauper.

"Well, not really, but ok. At least it sounds like the boys did a better job of sticking to the theme. Otherwise we may as well be throwing a Halloween party." Felice laughed.

"Me and Maddie are wearing bell bottoms and shiny tops! That's 70s!" Stella felt defensive.

"Well you do almost every day, but yeah, it's a start." Felice was amused but not particularly impressed. "We need to hurry and meet Wille at the front. Simon's coming a little later with his friends, but there should be people showing up now." She checked her phone and let Wille know they were heading out.

"Wait, let's take some pictures first!" Felice set up her phone timer and everyone posed, then they did a few others making silly faces.

The girls put the finishing touches on their costumes and makeup then gathered their things and made their way out as quietly as possible through the corridors. They headed down through the woods to the Palace, giggling hysterically at each other as they lost their footing a few times and nearly fell over in the dark.

Wille hadn't arrived yet when the girls got to the front door of the Palace. They went in to check on things. They'd really gone all out on the decor. There were disco balls all over to play off the usual colored light machines, they'd hung silver and gold streamers everywhere from the ceiling, creating more private spaces around the seating areas in the rooms. The black lights were creating some interesting effects, especially on Frederika's neon, and there were gold and silver balloons hanging everywhere. For the moment the DJ wasn't trying especially hard, playing new remixes of 70s themes, but there weren't too many people in yet so it didn't matter much. There would be a mix of people from all three years as well as at least a few people from off campus.

____________

Simon had found a blue sequinned top and a couple of studded bracelets for his costume. He felt like a mix of glam and punk rock. Sara lent him some black eyeliner that he was using to shade his eyes in the mirror. She'd also lent him some earrings that were sparkling under his curls. He felt awkward dressed this way in front of his mom just because it wasn't something he generally did, but the plan was to cover up as they were walking out and slip by quickly as they waved goodbye to Linda.

Sara wasn't as enthusiastic about her costume or the evening and still felt that it must have been a mistake or some mean joke even if Simon had kept reassuring her since the invitation that Felice was sincere and would never trick her that way.

Ayub messaged Simon that he and a Rosh were waiting outside and he quietly went to knock on Sara's door to tell her to hurry. She had bell bottom trousers on and a gold lamé top that fell off her shoulders. She had her curls pinned in an updo. She threw on her coat and grabbed her purse.

Simon grabbed his coat and zipped it completely. He took off Sara's earrings and slipped them in the pocket of his coat while they almost ran out the door shouting goodbye to their mom. He put the earrings back on as soon as they rounded the corner to Ayub and Rosh waiting on their scooters.

"Simme! Sara! It's too cold so we'll all see costumes once we get there. Hop on!" Ayub greeted them.

Sara hopped on with Rosh and Simon with Ayub. They all headed off in the dark to the Palace.