"Almost killed Taecyeon?" Chaeyoung was dumbstruck.

Why didn't Lisa mention that something this big happened?

Out of anger, Chaeyoung grabbed him by the collar and shouted, "Tell me what happened last night."

Chaeyoung 's face went from a shade of pale white to dark, and then purple after he illustrated exactly what had happened last night...

Lisa went there all alone, rescued her, and almost killed somebody.

Jungkook wasn't there, Lisa went looking for her all alone...

Holy shit, what did she get herself into, and she dragged Lisa into this mess too!

Seeing Chaeyoung completely dumbstruck, he continued, "Nevertheless, you were once my girlfriend. I never thought about marrying you, but I wasn't just fooling around with you either. Based on how long we've been going out, I would really advise you guys to get out of here. You should ask your parents to move too, or else they won't be able to escape blame either. Young Master Taecyeon is still hospitalized, he will seek revenge as soon as he is out, and you guys will be screwed."

"What the fuck is wrong with this world? We're the victims, and we need to run?" Chaeyoung swore.

"What choice do you have? It's a world for the rich, and whoever is more powerful rules. Taecyeon's Family is very big and powerful, and they have all the money in the world. They can hire a professional assassin and kill your entire family in a matter of minutes. I'm not trying to scare you, but that friend of yours, she will be met with a fate worse than yours."

Chaeyoung calmed herself down a little after he left. Then, she gave Lisa a call.

"Hey, you're sober now?" Lisa chuckled as if nothing was wrong.

"Girl, why didn't you tell me the truth about last night?" Unlike her usual self, Chaeyoung's tone sounded extremely grave.

"What truth?" Lisa didn't plan to tell Chaeyoung the truth, so she asked back, pretending not to know what she was talking about.

"I got to know everything from my ex…"

"Ah, he told you already? It was no big deal. Anyways, we both got out fine in the end."

Lisa smiled faintly and her tone was pretty chill...

"You asshole, are you stupid? You almost lost your life, you know that, right?"

Chaeyoung couldn't hold it in anymore and began crying...

"It wasn't that serious, I was just trying to scare that scumbag. I wasn't actually going to kill him! If I did that, I would have to pay with my life."

"Bullcrap, don't lie to me. I know exactly the kind of person you are."

Chaeyoung was bawling her eyes out, ruining her eye makeup. Passersby stared at her panda eyes...

"What the hell are you all looking at? Scram!" Chaeyoung cursed at the crowd gathered around her.

"Girl, stop crying. I'm not dead yet, right? Anyways, if I didn't fake that 'a life for a life' attitude, how could I have rescued you? Those people aren't idiots."

"Damn, Lisa. You're lucky that you're fine. If something had happened to you, Jungkook would've cut me into eight pieces, tortured me, minced me, fried me…" Chaeyoung was afraid to imagine how Jungkook would feel if he knew that something almost happened to Lisa.

"But nothing happened, right? I've always been a lucky girl." Lisa laughed.

"That asshole ex of mine, he told me that we should run away, because the Taecyeon's family will seek revenge."