𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐳 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"It is our greatest fulfillment to be here, It is truly a wonder to see you in better health." Pierro's lips brushed against the cold knuckles of the Tsaritsa. 

The Tsaritsa did not acknowledge the presence of the 1st Futui Harbinger. Though, everyone else in the room did. True terror was visible in their eyes. 

Pierro stood up, his coat falling like water in a stream. "We shall dine and feast in the honours of our Archon!" He said, turning his head to the merchants attending. Cheers filled the room at his statement. 

The Futui Harbingers distanced themselves from each other throughout the room. Pierro continued attempting to make conversation with the Tsaritsa. Pantalone was discussing some Northland Bank issues with a merchant from Liyue, who was demanding his role in the Bank. Pulcinella stood with some merchants from Inazuma, discussing some sort of transaction of raw materials. None of it rang a bell. Arlecchino and Columbina accompanied themselves together. II Capitano and Sandrone spoke of matters of which her ruined robots were roaming the free lands of Snezhnaya. Tartaglia...oh Archons he seemed to be enjoying the wine brought over from Mondstadt. 

The sound of harsh words caught my attention. "You wish to look like a god among these human filth, then dance with me. prove your loyalty to the Tsaritsa." 

I turned my head in the direction and there stood Signora, nails dug into the arms of Scaramouche. He looked forever more annoyed than in anguish. 

"I would rather dance with the rats that roam the poorest village of Inazuma than dance with the likes of you. Your perfume reeks, Signora." Scaramouche hissed through his teeth towards the 8th Futui Harbinger. 

I had to cough to drown out the sound of my laughter. 

Signora's face was red with anger and ripped free her nails from Scaramouche's arm. She dragged herself away from him and the rest of the crowd. 

Arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I swear to the Archons if it were Dottore, I was willing to carve out his mask. The sound of a hiccup stopped me dead in my tracks. 

"You...You are so...Oh, how I could just eat you up, like the little snack you are." What did he just say? I could smell the alcohol from this man. I lifted my head and met the gaze of two sparking blue eyes. Tartaglia smiled drunkenly. 

"Did they not teach you manners as well?" I pulled his arms away from my waist. 

Tartaglia opened his mouth to speak but immediately closed it. His eyes narrowed. 

"I don't like it when people don't answer my questions," I spoke, maybe too harshly because he seemed to not like the way it came out. 

"Don't mess with her, Tartaglia. She bites." Dottore stood behind Tartaglia. He smiled at me. Tartaglia just shrugged his shoulders and stumbled away. Archons, he is going to hurt himself if he keeps drinking. As I watched Tartaglia leave, a cold gloved hand wrapped itself around my hand. 

I turned my head to Dottore. I'm sure I could see the softness in his eyes, would be easier without the mask. 

"Would you like to dance with me?" 

I swear the room went silent or did it? Did the snow outside stop falling or is it continuing its stunning performance? Did the Tsaritsa's glare catch us or were her eyes still a cold blank stare of agony and sadness? Did my vision finally hit the bottom...? 

I glared at Dottore. He waited patiently for a response. I trembled before him, as I remembered what he said to me. "Secrets cannot be held here, Information spills faster than the tears on the Tsaritsa's face." So he must know. 

I shook my head, exhaled and looked down from Dottore. I gave him the curtsy of the queen of song and dance. The words came out with such elegance. "I would like that." 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 

My dress swayed across the floor like the leaves in the wind. Dottore's arm was wrapped around my waist, while his hand held mine. We moved in rhythm to the true power that flowed through the music. I don't want to dance with him, This is wrong, but this is right. Every time he held onto me, every name and every nag from the second Futui Harbinger drew itself out of my body like a warrior drawing his blade. The man I was dancing with was not the Dottore I know. He was the raw passion of our last encounter, and he is the raw ambition he refuses to show to the other Harbingers. I don't want this to end. 

We waltzed as if no one else was in the room. Was anyone watching? Who cares. This is my pent-up anger and revenge thrown into a dance with the most dangerous man I have ever lived to know. Following his step rhythm was so tiring, I felt as if I was walking along the thorns of a rose bush. 

"You dance with such elegance, will this dance be the dance that ties us together?" He purred and tilted his head. 

"This is just a dance, do not get your hopes up for anything in the future, Dottore." Oh but this was not just a dance. This was everything. I felt as if I was dancing among the Archons and on a valley of stars. 

The music pounded itself through my ears. My head and my feet throbbed in pain. Dottore slid his hand down my waist. It felt as if it weren't gloved as I felt a sharp icy pleasure go down my spine. He only smiled. 

"Dottore," I breathed out his name, and he smirked in satisfaction. "Dance with me," I begged and my grip tightened. "Dance with me, dance until no more of my pain exists." I began to tumble. My head began to scream at me, I couldn't understand its demands. 

"Are you in love with me?" He questioned. It seems not every day a girl asks him such a demanding question. I couldn't understand the rest as I clung onto him as if I were about to fall. 

Even without knowing the answers, oh how I should have answered before darkness overwhelmed me and the scent of Liyue's fresh scents filled my nostrils. 

I don't remember how hard I hit the floor.