One gone

(Y/n) pov

Today was the day of my grandmas funeral and also the days I finally saw my mom after a week. She had bags under her eyes and looked very pale but she put on a really big hat to cover it. I couldn't blame her though I mean who would her mom just died. When it started it was just like I thought it would. No one besides us three were there.

It was about halfway through when I noticed a few people in the back. They all had hoodies so I couldn't see who they were. There were five of them that kept their heads down. They were there for about an hour. When they got up to leave one of them looked at me. I was startled by it.

They didn't have any eyelids and I swore I saw blood on their cheeks. "Dad did you see them." I whispered. He didn't say anything but I could tell by his face he did. When it all ended I kept looking around to see any signs of them but nothing.

My mom locked herself back in her room right after. My dad was off. He sat on the couch and just stared at the TV. "Dad?" He hummed and didn't even look at me. "Why did grandma want a funeral?" He exhaled before answering. "She wanted certain people to come."

"Certain people?" I asked. He nodded. "She wanted people there not, sure why." Before I could ask him more questions he said he was going to get dinner and left. I just sighed and went up to my room.

I threw myself on my bed reaching for my phone. I texted Alex.

(Y/n)
-so you know what the creepypastas look like right?

Alex
-yeah
-why what happened

(Y/n)
-some weird people came to my grandmas funeral

Alex
-did you see their face?

(Y/n)
-only one of them
-he looked like he didn't have any eyelids and there was blood in his cheeks

Alex
-that definitely had to be Jeff the killer
-and I'm not trying to scare you but he's one of the worst ones

(Y/n)
-thanks for doing the opposite of that

Alex
-you'll be fine you've dealt with worse
-I mean you are still friends with Mason

(Y/n)
-you've been picking on Mason a lot lately
-something you gotta tell me?

Alex
-I have no idea what you're talking about

(Y/n)
-bullshit
-does somebody have a crush???

Alex
-you're so childish

(Y/n)
-you're not denying it though

Alex
-shut up

(Y/n)
-when do you plan on confessing?

Alex
-never
-he doesn't like me like that

(Y/n)
-you guys both argue like an old married couple
-he definitely likes you

Alex
-I doubt it

(Y/n)
-I can tell him for you

Alex
-don't it's stupid

(Y/n)
-fine but you have to promise me you'll tell him eventually

Alex
-alright I will
-let me know if anything else happens

(Y/n)
-will do
-see u tomorrow at school

Alex
-I forgot about that
-yeah I'll see you tomorrow

I chuckled putting my phone down. I knew she had a thing for Mason. Only thing is I would need to make sure about Mason. He probably does though. But I've never seen him with any other girls. He's a confusing guy. I heard the door open and my dad called me down for dinner. Well I can think about this later.

~next day~

I woke up and did my usual routine for school and met with Stephanie outside. "Hey, so how was the funeral?" I exhaled. "It was quiet. Besides these random people who came in. My dad was so weird after that." Stephanie chuckled. "I swear now your whole family's cursed." I nodded.

We got to school and met up with Mason and Carlos. "Where's Alex?" I asked. They both shrugged. "Maybe sick." Carlos said. "That's weird I talked to her yesterday and she was fine." They all didn't say anything and we went about our day. Nothing to worry about.

It wasn't until the next day and still no word from Alex we did get a bit worried. "Should we go over to her house?" Mason asked. "Yeah, it's not like her to not answer us. She's that fastest to respond out of all of us." Stephanie said and we all nodded.

After school we all walked to Alex house. It seemed normal. There was her moms car in the driveway and even a few lights on in the house. Mason knocked on the door. Nothing. He did it again. Nothing. "I don't hear anything from inside." I spoke. "Let's check around back." Mason said. We all followed him into the backyard.

Again nothing out of the ordinary until we heard a crunch sound. We looked at where Carlos was. He picked up a piece of glass. "What the fuck." Stephanie pointed at the second story window that was Alex parents room. It was broken. "Why would somebody break in all the way up there? That's just making it so hard." Mason said looking up.

I slapped him. "Can we focus on the fact that somebody broke into our friends house." Mason held his head. "Yeah yeah. How do we get in?" Carlos said. "The same way those people did." I went near the broken window. "Shouldn't we call the police?" Stephanie asked. "What if they are perfectly fine. Then what?" Nobody said anything.

Mason helped me climb up and I was able to get in. "I'll unlock the front door." I said to them. They nodded and went to the front. I quickly scanned the room. Nothing out of the ordinary too. Walking down the stairs was fine. Everything was fine. I let the others in and we started looking around. There was nobody here but nothing was taken. Even there phones were still there. It's like they vanished.

"Guys we have to call the police." Stephanie said again. We all agreed with her and went outside to not seem suspicious. The police came and just like us didn't find anything instead of the broken window. They did call family members and nobody had heard from them. They couldn't tell us anymore and sent us home.

We were all very worried. I mean who wouldn't. Our friend is missing.