14) observation

Serena notices things about ash they are not dating

It was a nice summer morning and the gang where on there way to Lumiose City  for in their opinion a much need break a week or so we're there is no stress for showcases or Pokémon battles.

The youngest of the group dashed through the bright green field hands up on either side mouth wide open in a grin like manor squealing like the young girl she is

As the older ones followed right behind her a girl in honey blonde hair and bright blue gem like eyes walked beside her long time crush and her best friend

Humming a melody she had heard from her mother a while back Serena had a serene smile on her face soon after a while Serenas eyes laid on someone...

Ash.

While still humming Serena just stared at him not for a particular reason but only because her eyes fell up on him

"Hey Serena what are you humming?" Asked a curious lemon haired boy realising she had been spacing out.

"Hmm.? Ohh umm not a particular song or anything just a melody my mum used to hum" Serena said snapping out of it with a shake of her head and smile of embarrassment to Clemont

That's when ash finally joined in to the conversation.
"Hmm hey Serena can you hum it again?" Ash said with his hands in his pockets and a jolly smile on his face.

"O.oh um sureee" Serena said with a tint of red on her cheeks as she slowly gained the confidence to hum the melody

"Hmm it's pretty catchy! You have a great voice Serena!" Ash said with a click of his fingers and a big grin on his face.

Serena blushed at the compliment and mumbled a thank you and silence overtook the three once again excluding Serenas humming.

Soon once again Serena started to stare at ash but this time with a smile on her face.

Ash then gave a sigh of relief and had his hands on his head as he started to walk in front of the two enjoining the peace of relief that the gang could have.

That's when Serena made another observation
She had been doing this for a while now and she finally noticed another one ash but his hands behind his head and only when he was calm and at peace Serena smiled at the thought that ash enjoyed the time he spends with people from kalos.

Another observation she had made was that he had a wider smile when he ate delicious food and most of the time those came from either her or clemont.another time she noticed ash's smile got wider is when he was talking about his mother how she was a inspiration to him for being so hardworking and kind it made Serenas heart smile knowing ash had such a good relationship with his mother.

Serenas last two observations on ash was his eyes it was how his eyes would soften when he talked about his past journeys it was almost like you could see it flash before his eyes it was as if the was watching each moment from each journey flash before his eyes it made Serena proud in a way it that shows that ash will have people Their to guide him though his ups and downs

Or the look of determination when he was battling or cheering someone on it made Serena feel jealous that ash had the confidence to just do things on the spot while she was more of a over thinker.

"If you keep staring at him he's gonna find it WIERD" Clemont whispered in her ear.

Out of shock Serena gave a small shriek making bonnie and ash come to a halt and stare at Serena who had fallen to the ground  Serena had realised she fell down to the ground and he whole face turned bright red due to embarrassment. While Clemont had a apologetic attitude as he offered his hand to Serena which she gladly took.

To make sure she was okay  pikachu jumped from ash's shoulder onto Serenas had and gave her a cheeky smile which Serena gave a half smile to as she was still quite embarrassed.

"Hey Serena are you okay?" Both Bonnie and ash asked at the same time both then looking at each other and giving each other a smile type grin.

Serena just smiled at both of them nodding her head and receiving a wide smile from Bonnie as she continued to jump and hop around the brown rigid path that was surround by flowers of all shapes and sizes.

With Clemont following right behind her to make sure she's not injured or so she doesn't run of somewhere and hope for the best.

Shouting  "bonnie wait up!" As he hopelessly ran after Her.

Ash chuckled to himself as he saw the blonde boy run after his younger sister and swiftly turned back to Serena.

Both just stood their un aware of what to do Serena having a tint of pink in her cheeks as it was still very awkward and embarrassing knowing she fell infront of her friends while ash just softly smiled and took a step towards Serena their Noses almost touching.

Ash lifted his hand and gave her a small pat on the head which left a moment where a light pin trip could be heard ash slowly processed what he had done Scratched his cheek in embarrassment which Serena barley took notice to out of embarrassment ash quickly ran after the kalos siblings walking way past clemont who had witnessed the ordeal and gave Serena a light smirk noticing the blush on her cheek.

A moment or so later Serena shook her head.
And ran to catch up with clemont and recalled another observation Serena made a few minutes before it was how ash when embarrassed scratched his cheek.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Idk how to finish this chapter but on a better note sorry for the long hiatus I've had no motivation 😭
For 2023 I'm gonna try to upload more since I'm starting a new book so also thank you so much for 2k reads!<3 you all are amazing I hope everyone has a amazing 2023 have a wonderful time and also could you possibly make request possibly no angst but again I don't mind 👏