-chapter five-

"why did you do this?"

"Everybody put three fingers in the airThe sky is falling, the wind is CALLINGStand for something or DIE in the morning"

The sky is falling, the wind is CALLING
Stand for something or DIE in the morning"

-hiiipower
kendrick lamar

——"what the hell is going on out there?" kat asked as thomas and minho ran out of the maze. she was more irritable that day from carrying the weight of the message in her head by herself, so the amount of noise that came from the maze without her knowing what it was almost killed her. but she couldn't tell anyone her secret, even newt would think she's crazy. she'd be put in the slammer for the rest of her life.

"what the hell have you done now thomas?" gally added as the gladers walked through the glade.

"we found something, a new passage." thomas said "we think it could be a way out."

"what? a new passage?" kat questioned, not believing what she was hearing

"it's true." minho panted. "we opened a
door, something i'd never seen before. i think it must be where the grievers go during the day."

"wait. whoa whoa whoa!" chuck ran forward. "wait! you're saying you found the grievers home? and you want us to go in?"

"their way in could be our way out chuck." thomas answered.

"yeah or there could be a dozen grievers on the other side." gally complained behind them. "the truth is, thomas doesn't know what he's done, as usual."

thomas spun around, stopping everyone in their tracks and looking up at gally. "yeah well, at least i did something gally. i mean, what have you done? huh? aside from hide behind these walls all the time."

"let me tell you something, greenie. you've been here three days, alright? i've been here three years."

"you've been here three years and you're still here gally! what does that tell you? maybe you should start doing things differently!"

"guys!" teresa tried to yell over them

"maybe you should be in charge then, huh thomas, what about that?"

"guys! it's alby!" teresa shouted, finally getting everyone's attention. "he's awake."

˚➶ 。

"has he said anything?" minho asked as they walked into the medjacks.

"no." teresa said. newt sat down next to the leader who was sitting up on his bed, staring into the floor, holding his shirt in his hands. "alby?" newt spoke "alby, you alright?"