-chapter twelve-

"you look like type."

"But I promise you thisI'll always look out for youYeah, that's what I'll do"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you
Yeah, that's what I'll do"

-Sparks
Coldplay

•——the group sat around the campfire in silence, watching as the sparks travel up into the air. "i thought we were supposed to be immune." minho said, turning the knife over in his hands.

"not all of us...i guess." teresa said. a silence washed over the group as they all remembered their now dead friend. kat wiped the stray tears off her cheeks.

"if winston can get infected we should assume so can the rest of us." newt said.

"i never thought i'd say it..." frypan spoke, a tear rolling down the side of his face. "but i miss the glade."

thomas got up, walking out of the shed and sitting down against a log. newt sighed before getting up and following him out.

"we should get some sleep." kat said, lying down, using her bag and a pillow. she had officially reached a new level of exhaustion after the past couple of days events and felt like sleeping the pain off. "we still have a good bit to go."

˚➶ 。

water was running low and the still had far to go. minho threw every empty flask angrily to the ground as the walked through the warm desert. kats mouth was dry but she didn't complain. she wondered how long they had till one of them passed out from dehydration. thankfully, running the maze for years had trained her well for this but she felt bad for the others who hadn't had that.

"when were you going to tell me bout the warehouse?" minho appeared beside kat, startling the girl.

"jesus minho! a warning would be nice next time." she hissed, kicking a stone at her feet.

"were you ever gonna tell me?"

"how do you even know?" kat asked quietly, looking straight ahead, not wanting to see minhos hurt expression.

"newt told me. don't be mad, i asked him. he's worried about you."

"newts always worried." kat let out a small sigh of laughter, trying  to play it down.

"you still never answered my question." minho persisted.

kat sighed. minho definitely wasn't going to let this go any time soon. "no. i wasn't going to tell you cause it doesn't matter. i'm fine. it was one time."

"one time?" minho clicked his tounge. he could easily tell that the girl was lying. it might not have been for anyone else other than him, he noticed her slight lip twitch as her breath hitched.

𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 || 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें