Chapter 15

Annalise Pov

1 hour in

We're one hour in, nearing two and Oaklee looks like he's going to be sick. He's had a rough week with baseball, so I wonder if it's that. The food is absolutely delicious as always, the view is comforting but the small gust of wind makes it chilly. The smell of the candle that is lit in front of me is some sort of nostalgic to our home town. I remember when I'd have a very specific scent of vanilla.

I'm staring off into the buildings that pile up next to each other and the different shades of yellow the lights create. I love seeing the city lights. They're so pretty. They help me relax when I'm stressed or I can simply just get lost in them. I stare off into the distance for a while, as I notice Oaklee stand up in the corner of my eye.

I turn to look at him with a confused look and suddenly he's on one knee. I'm completely shocked. The look on my face gives everything away and before I can say anything Oaklee starts speaking.

"Annalise... since the day I've met you I've wanted you. The days we had in high school, In class, after school, at our houses, at parties, anywhere and anytime I'm with you. I've always told myself that you will be mine, and you are. I want to take our relationship to the next level. Call me crazy but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're my muse, You're my light, You're my platform. When I need you, you're there. So, Annalise Sofia Hernandez... Will you marry me?"

What the fuck is going on...

Without hesitation I stand up from my seat, tears now pooling in my eyes waiting for gravity to pull them down. Now I feel like I'm going to be sick. I look at him and smile. Gravity has officially pulled the tears down. I nod my head yes, not being able to form words. The ring is quickly put on my finger, and I'm engulfed in a kiss. I melt quickly into the kiss and wrap my hands around his neck, Interwinding my hand in his hair softly tugging on it. The taste of wine lingers on his lips. His hands meet their way to the side of my body moving everywhere. He mumbles something under his breath and continues kissing me.

Everything is moving so fast. We move down to our apartment. Pushing through the door, my back hits the wall. Oaklee is kissing me roughly, with desire, lust, and hunger. Next thing I know is that we're in our bedroom and my dress is being ripped off of me and I'm now on my bed naked. Oaklee admires me for a second and mumbles "fucking beautiful." He leans down and leaves kisses all over my body. His hand going everywhere, and his lips leaving a trail of kisses down my body.

And well, I think you guys know what happened next.

It's now four in the morning and I'm up in the kitchen. I'm sitting on the kitchen island with oaklee's white button up dress shirt. I have a cup of water in my hands and I'm just thinking. Am I really engaged? Life was going fast but now its going faster. I do love this man. He's been there for me when I was at my lowest. He was here when I needed someone. He's seen me on my worst days. He's been here when I couldn't handle it anymore. He's pushed me to go and continue. He's the love of my life. We're almost ending college in a year or so. Most of our friends are married, so we're next. The planning is the most stressful thing. I've always wanted a wedding like how they appear on shows. A June wedding, a Twilight wedding. I want to be able to be so nervous and be crazy in love with him, that I'll try on my wedding dress every night that week of my wedding just like how Emily Gilmore did. I'm nervous and it hasn't even been a full twenty four hours since I've been engaged.

I need to call my mom, my dad, my friends, hell everyone. I think I even have to tell Oaklee that we're engaged because it probably hasn't even processed his mind. I look down at my left hand admiring the ring. It's not a big obnoxious ring. It's a small princess cut ring with a perfectly sized diamond. I spent my time staring at the ring that I hadn't noticed Lee standing in our doorway. 

He walks over to me and lays a soft kiss on my forehead. Since I'm sitting on the island counter, He's standing in front of me with his hand on my legs. The only source of light is the city lights peering through the curtains and the stove light. Overall it's dim and the AC is on,so it's cold. I don't know how long it's been since I've been up, but I'm getting tired and Oaklee can tell. He picks me up and walks us over to our room and sets me on my side of the bed. He tucks me in and lays a soft kiss on my lips. He walks over to his side and lays down. He turns towards me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his body. He lays soft kisses on my neck and behind my ear. He whispers good night and I do the same. Not long after we're both asleep.