Chapter 11

Annalise's Pov

"Good morning" Oaklee whispers in my ear as he gives me small kisses all over my cheek going down to my jaw and my neck. I slowly open my eyes and rub them with the palm of my hand, "Morning Lee" I try to say but my voice leaves, so I clear my throat and say it again.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty" Oaklee laughs with his morning voice. "What time is it" I question as I cover my eyes due to the irritation of the sun coming through the curtains

Why does it have to be so bright. Jesus.

"10:30" he says while walking out of the room heading towards the kitchen. "BREAKFAST IS READY" he yells.

Getting up, I leave the bed as it is not bothering to make it, and I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth even though I'm going to eat, but morning breath you know. Officially walking out of the room, I see that he's set up a mini breakfast bar or buffet, whatever you want to call it, on the kitchen island. There's a mixture of cut up strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, and bananas with a jar of orange juice. The bacon is set on a plate along with a few pieces of sausage. He's set two plates across from each other, which contain each an omelet. There's also a pot of hot coffee ready to be served on the new coffee/espresso maker I recently bought him two days ago.

"For you ma lady" he says while pulling out a chair for me. "Orange juice or coffee" he questions while opening the cabinet that contains all the cups and mugs. Honestly I like OJ with egg, I don't know why it just feels and tastes right but right now I need coffee. Coffee and tea are the love of my life besides Lee. I usually drink coffee twice a day, but since moving here it's been once a day maybe even three times a week. I think it's good, but coffee also reminds me of 'Gilmore Girls' and that's my comfort show even Oaklee likes that show. "Coffee Coffee Coffee" I reply with a smile on my face. He grins while pulling out a wide light gray mug and pouring the drink, "Okay Gilmore" he says as he puts the mug in front of me now filled with the liquid. He sits down across from me, pushing a fork towards me and giving me a warming smile.

"How long you've been up" I ask him as I shove a piece of the omelet in my mouth. "Since six, I went for a jog in the morning and came back to make breakfast" he replies while drinking some coffee.

"Practice today" I hesitated asking him due to the fact he's been home for the past week, which has confused me because he usually has practice every day. I do like that he's home now, but it's been too long since he's been at practice. I mean three days but still, for an athlete three days is a lot especially during the season. "Have the week off, going back in three days." Oaklee replies with a tone that I can't quite understand. "Okay" I say, still being confused about all that.

The rest of breakfast was quiet until I broke the silence asking about the plans for today. Our plans are staying home in bed or doing whatever we need to do. How fun... but for real we have nothing planned today so it's a chill/lazy day.

"Can you please open the second blind Lise" Oaklee asks from below the kitchen island loading up the dishwasher. Getting up from the couch, I push the button that opens up the blinds that reveal the city. I look over the window and see that the street is pretty empty, which surprises me a lot. "Thank you" I hear Oaklee say from the kitchen, "No problem" I say replying back walking my way back to the couch. I feel myself slowly start drifting away asleep until the sound of pots and pans start clinging, then shortly after Music comes out of the speakers. Well fuck my nap right. 'Cooler than me' by Mike Posner is what appears to be playing right now along with the annoying, screeching voice that sadly belongs to my boyfriend Oaklee.

I raise myself from the couch, turning my body towards Oaklee seeing him sing along as he puts a few dishes away. I would help, but he's made it crystal clear that I shouldn't help when it comes to being in the kitchen. Who knows what that means.

"If I could write you a song to make you fall in love, I would already have you up under my arms" Okalee sings his heart out with a spatula being his substitute microphone. I decide to join in because I would be a bad person not to. So getting up, I slid across the floor with my socks and sing along with him.

"AND YOU NEVER SAY HEY OR REMEMBER MY NAME AND ITS PROBABLY CAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE COOLER THAN ME" we both sing In unison while pointing at each other and smiling. When the beat drops we just start dancing randomly like we're the only ones in this apartment complex. Sorry neighbors. We continue dancing and singing to the song while looking at each other, smiling and laughing together. As the song ends 'Bound 2' by Kanye West quickly replaces the previous song, Oaklee passes me a spatula to join him with his little concert he's creating in his mind.

"I KNOW I GOT A BAD REPUTATION,  WALKING ROUND ALWAYS MAD REPUTATION, LEAVE A PRETTY GIRL SAD REPUTATION" I mean at this point it's like we're at a concert. We closed all the blinds and turned on the LED lights. The apartment is now red and blue, and the smell of vanilla has overtaken the apartment.

"CLOSE YOUR EYES AND LET THE WORLD PAINT A THOUSAND PICTURES, ONE GOOD GIRL IS WORTH A THOUSAND BITCHES, BOUND TO FALLIN IN LOVE" Oaklee sings out loud to me while wrapping his arms around me and placing a soft kiss on my lips and smiling enormously. He's now on top of the island singing with his 'microphone' and bopping his head to the song. "BOUND TO FALLIN IN LOVEEE" Singing once again in unison before the song ends.

"SAY IF YOU A BAD BITCH PUT YOUR HANDS UP HIGH" I yell while obviously putting my hands up in the air slowly moving my hips and moving down. 'Poetic Justice' by Kendrick Lamar is now playing through the speakers as you can tell. "YOU CAN GET IT, YOU CAN GET IT, YOU CAN GET IT, YOU CAN GET IT AND I KNOW JUST KNOW JUST KNOW JUST WHAT YOU WANT, POETIC JUSTICE PUT IT IN A SONG ALRIGHT" we are both yelling the lyrics to the song while pointing at each other and moving our shoulders. The laugh that sounds from Oaklee's mouth is a genuine, heartwarming laugh that I haven't heard in a while. We both continue to rap Drake's part to the song and the chorus. Dancing on top of the island, singing with spatulas, our bodies moving against each other, smiling and laughing together. If somebody walked in right now they would be confused and scared but they will soon join because that's what sane people do.

We continue dancing to the songs that come up, dancing like we're at a club, singing like we're performing in front of thousands of people, sliding across from the kitchen to the living room with our socks. Everything is perfect. We're happy, laughing, smiling, singing, and overall enjoying life right now.

"Well that was fun" Oaklee lets out an exhausted  yaw falling down to the couch. It's been three hours of us dancing like lunatics on our kitchen island and couches, and now we're completely drained.

"I live for the chase" I try to sing but my throat has officially given out. Today was amazing. Quality time with him is the best way to spend the day. I wish I could spend every day with him like this, but I can't. It's dark in the apartment due to the blinds still being closed but it's already pretty late. It's currently nearing six pm and just like that the day has passed.

My eyes feel heavy right now along with my body, but I'm trying to manage it and fight it off...

I've accepted my exhaustion and I've let my eyes fall close. Laying on the white fluffy couch, I turn over and officially pass out taking the nap I was supposed to take a few hours ago. I open my eyes to see Lee getting up and walking to the room. I don't question it because I'm way too tired, so I just sleep. Before officially passing out, a warm blanket is put over me along with a kiss on my forehead. "I love you" I hear as the end of the couch submerges along with ruffling around. looks like we're both napping here tonight.

~~~~~~~

Make sure to vote, comment and share:)