Chapter 1

January 12

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY OKALEE"

Today is Okalee's 20th birthday and I want it to be perfect. I've gathered all of our friends from throughout the years, elementary, middle and high school so we're all here... like old times. We're now in college and having the time of our lives. Parties, road trips, the impulsive traveling from state to state, missing exams, hospital trips, family and friend gatherings have been apart of our daily Iifes. I've arranged this small dinner party for him amd his friends. Aaron has been oaklee's best friend since childhood. He's like a brother to me and him. The brother I've never had... he's always looking out for me making sure I'm okay and healthy. He makes sure I eat when I have a headache, he can read me like a book. My boyfriend on the other hand is...well uhh he's something. He does know when something is wrong, he knows what to give me when I need it ( not like that you nasty people), he's literally the perfect guy to ever exist. He loves and cares for me so much and I do too. Now, back to the party.

"SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH" Jackson blurted while stuffing cake in his mouth "okay okay... I first want to start out by thanking my beautiful girlfriend Annalise for arranging all of this for me. Thank you so much my love, i love you. Now, okay I'm grateful for another year here on this earth. I don't think I would still be here without you guys. Y'all have played an important role in my life since the start. Aaron, my brother, thank you for coming out here for me. I love you bro. Jack... uh okay seems like he's busy with the cake but thank you buddy for uh... being here, appreciate it. Melissa, it would've been impossible without you especially during my teenage years. I love you so much and I'm grateful for having you as a sister. Alissa and Mathew, my favorite cousins, thank you for flying out all the way from Florida for me. I appreciate it, love you guys." Oakley spoke in the most proper tone I think I've ever heard him speak. "And for everyone else thank you for coming out here tonight" He yelled following it by shotgunning a beer. "LET THE PARTY BEGIN" Aaron, Jackson, and Oaklee all yelled at the same time.

Shaking my head while smiling I walk my way to the kitchen island and get myself a drink. Those boys are inseparable. I'm glad he has them to look after him. I've pulled every string possible to have his family fly out. Phone calls, emails, messages, yelling, arguing, plane tickets, money, declined cards, empty bank accounts, but it's all worth it for him. He's changed my world for the better and I chose to make his world better. He seems happy. He has family right now. The only reason we moved up north was for his scholarship, but if it wasn't for that we would've stayed in Florida. Michigan has been good to us but with us being far away from everyone, it gets kind of boring. It's hard sometimes with him. His temper gets the best of him at times. He tries his best to control and communicate with me and I appreciate it. Lately we've been doing very good. And I mean we've been amazing. We hit 4 years in August, we celebrated by going out to a nice dinner then later continuing it at home. I'm glad we've passed that hardship in our relationship. The two accusations of him and the other of me were messing it up. And I mean we were at the point of breaking up, but if it wasn't for Melissa and her amazing skills we probably would've been on our own paths by now.

2 a.m

The party is finally over and I'm laying in bed waiting for Oaklee to finish up showering. I'm exhausted from today. He had fun. I had fun. We both had fun. We caught up with our family and friends, we partied, we drank, we ate a lot of cake (well mostly jack but still), and now peacefully awaiting the painful hangover in the morning. I'm glad I didn't drink a lot but oaklee did.

As I'm dozing off, the side of the bed sunk, alarming me that he's out of the bathroom. "Thank you for today, love you" Oaklee mumbled clearly sounding in pain from the hangover that's making its way to him. "Goodnight lee" I say dozing off again.