Chapter 14

Annalise pov

Jesus Christ, I'm tired as hell. I'm coming back from some shopping and hell I'm tired. Completely drained. The stores were packed today. Like why do you people have to go out when I decide to go out. Anyways, today is mine and Lee's anniversary. 4 years together. Time has passed by so fast. We're only getting older.

Opening the door to our apartment, I see a small folded note on the island folded in half with a heart drawn on the top.

My love, I'm in our room napping. Join me if you care, but get ready by 8 we have a date. Cheers to 4 strong years beautiful.

I love you endlessly, Oaklee <3

I love this man so much words can't describe. I take the note and bring it with me, but before I open the fridge and get a Starbucks drink and take a sip of it. I head to the bedroom because I do care to take a nap. It's only four p.m. and I won't get ready till hopefully starting at six thirty latest seven but that's impossible. Opening the door, I see Oaklee laying in the bed with his hair all messy and blanket half on him. God that man is gorgeous. I'm blessed to have him in my life. He's my person. I truly believe it. I lay down on my side of the bed and close my eyes. I set an alarm for 5:50, so I can get ready for tonight.

6:00 p.m.

I'm heading into the shower to get ready for tonight. I turned on the water and set up the vanity with the makeup and jewelry that I'm going to use today and step into the shower. The hot water hits my body and instantly relaxes my tense muscles and I immediately feel the relief in my body. I shower for about thirty minutes and finish off with doing my makeup. I sit on the vanity and start to do a natural makeup look. Nothing too much, something nice and simple. After that I start to do my hair. I straighten my hair and continue to get ready. By now It's been one hour and thirty minutes till the date, I'm officially finished with my look and it's time to get into my clothing.

For tonight, I've chosen a skin tight black dress with a V neck and a slit on the side with long sleeves. The dress hugs around my body showing off my curves. I finish off the outfit with some gold jewelry and not so high black heels. By this time Lee was up and also getting ready. I can tell that he's nervous because he's fidgeting with his hands and rings.

Moving out to the main area, I see Oaklee standing in front of the door with a bouquet of red and white roses. The bouquet wrapped around some fancy paper with a note in the middle. I slowly walk towards him with a soft smile on my lips and admiration taking over my face. This man is mine... I can't believe it. I pick up the note and read it while Oaklee watches me slowly.

The note reads...

My beautiful girl, Annalise Sofia Hernandez. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me these past six years. I'm so grateful to have you as my girlfriend. I hope that one day you'll be the woman to have my children. I wish for the day that me and you are old together. I love you so so much, to the moon and back. I love you ~ Oaklee

Slowly closing the note, I look up at him with teary eyes moving towards him. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him down to me and kissing him. He is the man of my dreams. I kiss him with compassion and admiration. I don't want to pull away, but I have to if we have a date. He puts his forehead against mine and whispers 'I love you'. He takes my hand and we walk out the door and head up.

I love him.