chapter 9

Annalise Pov

5 p.m

The sound of sirens wake me up from my nap. I don't feel any arms around me, so I turn around and notice he isn't here. Of course he's up before me. I reach my arm over to get my phone and check the time... it's currently 5:15 in the afternoon and there goes his promised afternoon. I stay in bed for a few more minutes checking my socials, messages and calls. After twenty minutes, the racket of dishes and spoons make its way to the room. I get up feeling more tired than ever making my way out the room and into the kitchen. There I see oaklee kneeling looking for a pan or a pot with a spatula in his hand. He's wearing a white apron that has stains from where he's baked and cooked in the past. Under he has a pair of Nike gray sweatpants and a plain black tee. Oh he looks good in that shirt...fitted perfectly around his biceps and abs. OKAY ANNALISE FOCUS!! When he finally finds the pot he was looking for, he gets up but in that process he bangs his head against the counter top. Idiot.

I let out a small laugh and that alerted him that I was here. "Hey you saw that" he questioned me while scratching his neck nervously, "Yea kinda" I laughed making my way towards him. His arms wrap around my waist pulling me to him. His lips crash into mine moving in sync with mine. My hands reach his hair slightly tugging on it while his arms stay on my waist slightly exploring my body. We move slightly until my back hits the island and suddenly I'm on the island. We continue making out and before I know it, my shirt is off and his too. We move to the living room, both anxious and lust filling our eyes. Suddenly, he stops. He stops... Why would you stop. "I'm making pasta" he whispers while laying a trail of kisses down my neck to my stomach then getting up moving towards the kitchen. An evil grin crosses his face and I'm left there shocked and anxious. "We'll continue this after dinner, I promised I was yours in the afternoon remember" well he did promise so I'm letting it slide today. "Tonight is a stay in date, so get ready food isn't done until another 2 hours" he said while putting his apron back on...without a shirt. The things I'm thinking of right now. AGAIN ANNALISE FOCUS. Ughh but he left me so anxious. "Okay" I say defeated knowing I'll have to wait till probably another four hours. I make my way to our room and get ready for our stay in date or as he's said before "date night" in a high pitched voice.

After an hour

It's been an hour and a half since I showered, exfoliated, shaved, and got dressed. While listening to 'Money trees' By Kendrick Lamar, I put on a tight black dress that showed every single curve of mine. I straightened my hair, added light makeup, small pieces of jewelry, black heels, and a few sprays of Ysl perfume to top it off. I yell from the room asking if I'm able to come out and he responds with a yes.

I walk out and notice him with a white button up dress shirt tucked into some black dress pants. His hair is parted in the middle with a few pieces falling to his face. That shirt is fitted so well, God. His eyes roam towards my body, moving down from top to bottom reaching back to my eyes with a small smile forming on his face. He moves from the kitchen to the bedroom door where I'm standing and moves his arm out for me to reach. He turns off the lights to the apartment, and opens the front door. A confused look takes over my face as I'm out the front door. I thought we were staying in. His hand goes down my lower back, and pushes me to walk forward. We reached the elevator and went in. He tells me to close my eyes, so I did. "Keep them close" he whispered into my ear while leading me out. The breeze hits me and the sound of the city arrived to my ears. "And open in 3...2...1...Now." Opening my eyes I notice we're on the rooftop to our apartment complex and a small table with two chairs catches my attention.

A small table with a white tablecloth with two chairs on opposite sides, a vase with a rose in the middle, candles all around the vase and a path of rose petals that lead to the table. I look towards him in awe and he's looking at me with a smile on his face. His hand motions to the table, so I walk towards it. He gets in front of me and pulls out the chair for me to sit. After I'm seated, he sits himself down and pulls a bottle of wine from under the table. He serves me and cheers to a happy life. There's a plate of Chicken Alfredo pasta, a medium sized bowl of a homemade salad, and a bread basket of garlic bread. Oh I'm going to devour that bread.

"You look beautiful, my love" he spoke with admiration looking at me. "And you look handsome as always" I reply back while stuffing pasta in my mouth. Ladies, get yourself a man that can cook and bake. Trust me he'll look incredibly sexy in an apron. He laughs and takes a sip of wine starting a conversation. In the middle of the conversation, I look over at the city and admire the lights of the buildings. He notices and looks over at the city too. We sit in a comfortable silence for about twenty minutes looking at the lights and sky. The stars are beautiful. They truly are. They shine like no other thing. They glimmer in the night sky, shining beautifully, but the moon is the most beautiful thing in the sky. It's the brightest at night, catches your eye, and is there all the time. I want someone to be my moon. I want them to listen to me rant about things I love, listen to things about my day, be there for me and never leave. I want a moon, I need a moon, I have my moon.

It's been two and a half hours or 11:49 pm and we headed back down to the apartment. Both of us drunk, pushing through the door, making out intensely. Clothing being stripped from both of our bodies and being left on the path behind us. Making our way through the kitchen and living room, past the door of our bedroom and into the bed. Kisses being left down my body, our lips meeting each other, moving aggressively then slowly, my hands tugging on his hair then making my way down his abs and to his back, his hands wrapped around my hair, moving down my body and feeling lt like it was our first time.

And just like that, the Euphoric feeling takes over the night. Our bodies laying next to each other, breathing heavily after two hours close to three, we end the night. "I love you" he exhales while laying a kiss on my forehead and closing his eyes. "I love you" I repeat back, laying my head on his chest and closing my eyes as well. I'm happy I got to spend the night with him. I have him here with me and who knows for how long until he hits the field again, so I'm going to enjoy every single last bit of this moment.