Chapter 17

(Y/N POV)

During lunch me and Dib sat together as usual, but something was different. All the other kids were staring at us, whispering to each other with their hands cupped over their mouths. Me and Dib hated being started at like this, so I whispered at him and said. "Do you wanna go eat somewhere else? I hate being started at like this." Dib looks at me and whispers back. "Sure, where do you wanna go?" I think for a second. "What about that tree outside over there?" I point to the tree. Dib nods and we head outside, surprisingly most of the kids didn't see us leave, the ones who did either had no part in it or just didn't care. Even Zim stayed out of our way, after what happened this morning. When Dib and I made it to the tree outside, we sat under it and ate our lunch, it was kinda romantic. I take my sandwich out of my lunch bag and take a bite, soon after Dib suddenly perked up and asked. "So what are you thinking of doing at the park?" I look up at him, still chewing some of my sandwich. I tried to chew faster, but it just felt really awkward. Dib noticed and said. "Take as much time as you need, no rush." He smiles and I finish eating. "Thanks Dib-boy." I say with a smile. He blushes and says. "N-no problem! I-I just d-didn't want y-you to choke t-that's all." He scratches the back of his neck and does that cute little smile. "He's adorable.." I whisper to myself, but I think Dib heard me anyway cause soon after he was blushing like crazy. "Dib? You okay?" Dib looks at me and says. "Y-yep!" I smile, the way he looked at me was just so cute. Dib then says. "Hey Y/N, am I really adorable?" I start to blush. "H-huh" OH GOD HE REALLY DID HEAR ME. "Uh um I-I dunno" Dib then smirks and says. "You suree?" My blush just keeps getting brighter and brighter. He then smiles and nudges me. "I'm just teasing you, don't worry about it" He says still smiling, while I'm still blushing and trying to snap back to reality. Dib then waves his hand in front of my face and says. "Hellooo earth to Y/N, you in there?" I blink a couple times and then look at Dib. He's tilting his head looking concerned and confused at the same time. I tilt my head so it's at the same angle as Dibs, we both laugh for a little and he looks at me for a moment and grabs a napkin and wipes my face. turns out I had some jelly on my face from my sandwich. I blush. "Thanks Dib" I said. "No problem" He smiles and asks me. "Soo do you know what we're gonna do at the park yet?" I think for a second and say. "I was just thinking of staying on the swings most of the time, cause that's what I usually do at the park. Do you want to do anything in particular?" I ask him. He responds with. "Not really, I was actually thinking of staying on the swings most of the time too." I smile. "Great minds think alike!" He smiles back and says. "I guess so" The bell then rings for all the kids to go home, Dib and I walked to our lockers, packed our stuff up, and started walking to the park.

(Dibs POV)

When Y/N and I sat down for lunch, all the kids were staring at us. Hands cupped over their mouths, it was really nerve-racking. Y/N then whispered to me and said. "Do you wanna go eat somewhere else? I hate being started at like this." I whisper back and say. "Sure, where do you wanna go?" Y/N looks like shes thinking for a second, the way she fidgets with her hands while she thinks is so cute. "What about that tree outside over there?" She says as she points to the tree. I nod it's a very pretty spot, perfect for a very pretty girl. While Y/N and I are walking out of the cafeteria, almost none of the kids noticed we were leaving, even Zim didn't notice. Soon after, me and Y/N made it to the tree and we sat underneath it. I look up and ask her "So what are you thinking of doing at the park?" but when I looked up, I saw Y/N chewing some of her food. I felt so bad, I asked her a question while she was eating!? I'm such a dummy. While I'm being the most embarrassed I've ever been, I see Y/N chew faster, I really didn't want her to choke, so I said. "Take as much time as you need, no rush." I smile trying to make Y/N feel better, and maybe make myself feel better too. "Thanks Dib-boy." Y/N says with a smile. OH GOD SHE USED THE CUTE NICKNAME SHE GAVE ME. I start blushing and say. "N-no problem! I-I just d-didn't want y-you to choke t-that's all." I scratch the back of my neck and smile, but it does that weird thing again where my lips wiggle. "He's adorable.." Y/N says, blushing a little. Wait she thinks I'm ADORABLE!? I start to blush like crazy, getting redder and redder every time I repeat the phrase in my head. "Dib? You okay?" Y/N asks me. "Y-yep!" I say, and she smiles. I can't be the only one to get flustered here, so I say. "Hey Y/N, am I really adorable?" She starts to blush, and now she's the one who's adorable. "Uh um I-I dunno" Y/N says with a cute stutter. I smirk and say. "You suree?" Y/N just keeps getting redder by the second, I smile and nudge her. "I'm just teasing you, don't worry about it" But I got no reaction, she's still blushing like crazy. Okay maybe I went a little too far. I wave my hand in front of her eyes and say. "Hellooo earth to Y/N, you in there?" I tilt my head a little to see if she moved at all, then I saw her blink a couple times and she tilted her head so it was at the same angle as mine. We laugh for a bit and I see Y/N has some jelly on her face from her PB&J sandwich, so I grab a napkin and wipe her face gently. She blushes and says. "Thanks Dib" I smile and say "No problem" While I was smiling I remembered what I wanted to ask her. "Soo do you know what we're gonna do at the park yet?" She looks at me and says. "I was just thinking of staying on the swings most of the time, cause that's what I usually do at the park. Do you want to do anything in particular?" Y/N asks me. "Not really, I was actually thinking of staying on the swings most of the time too." Y/N smiles. "Great minds think alike!" I smile back and say. "I guess so" Soon after the bell rings, and skool is done with for the day. Y/N and I walk to our lockers, pack our things, and start walking to the park.

(Sorry if this was posted a lil late, I've been busy with family bc of Thanksgiving and all that stuff, nonetheless I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Bye luvs! ❤️)