Chapter 13

(Y/N POV)

I wake up to check my phone and it says there's no school today. I get up all excited, maybe thinking about Dib coming over and watching a movie together. I go to my closet and wear a black skirt, with a graphic T-shirt, and some high knee socks. I go downstairs to see my dad making some coffee. "Hey dad!" I say to him. "Good morning sweetie, did you sleep well?" I nod. "Say do we have anything planned today?" I ask, I see my dad think for a moment. "No, not that I can think of, what did you wanna do today?" I zone out for a second, imagining me and Dib cuddling on the couch together watching TV. "Well I was hoping that maybe Dib could come over, and we could watch a movie together." My dad smirks. "You like him don't youu" I blush. "D-dad quit it." He chuckles. "Alright he can come over, but it is a little early, I suggest you go call him, and if he says he can come over, we should start cleaning." I nod and smile, I run upstairs, grab my phone and call Dib. It rings for a moment. "H-hello" I smile. "Hey Dib! You know there's no school today rightt" he responds. "Y-yeah what a-about it?" I giggle. "I was wondering if you could maybe come over to my house later and we could watch a movie!" I say excited. "Y-yeah I could p-probably come o-over my dad i-isn't home f-for the rest o-of the day." He says with his cute stutter, I love his stutter it's just so adorable. "Great! Is there a certain time you wanna come over?" I ask. "P-probably around 6:30, I-if it's ok with y-you." I can't stop smiling, just being on the phone with Dib makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. "Alright! See you then!" "O-ok b-bye" We hang up at the same time and I go to my dad. "Dad, he said yes!" He smiles. "Alright then, let's get cleaning!" After a couple of hours, me and my dad finish cleaning the house. I then sit down on the couch and check the time on my phone, it reads. "6:15" I sigh,and say. "We're done, and with time to spare." But to my surprise, the doorbell rings. "I'll get it!" I say practically running to the door, I then open it to see Dib. "H-hey Y/N i-it's nice to see y-you." I smile. "Well aren't you here early." He blushes a bit and scratches the back of his neck. "Y-yeah I just couldn't w-wait any longer, i-i'm really e-excited." I smile. "Me too, why don't you come on in?" I open the door for him and he walks in. "Nice place you got here Y/N." he looks around admiringly. "Thanks" I then realized I almost forgot something. "I almost forgot to do something!" Dib turns around. "Wha-" I then hug Dib and smile. "I love hugging you Dib-boy, you're just like a teddy bear" I then let go of him and he's as red as a tomato. "You alright Dib-boy?" I ask. "Y-yeah i'm f-fine, why don't we g-go to the couch and find a movie t-to watch?" I smile and take his hand. "This way to the couch my friend!" I then march into the living room and sit down on the couch. Dib is still standing. I smile and pat the seat next to me. "C'mon, have a seat." He smiles and sits down next to me. "So what are we watching?" He asks. I look up. "I was thinking maybe some monsters inc. or inside out, what about you?" Dib looks at me and says. "What about a scary movie!" I shiver a bit. "I-I dunno D-dib, scary movies freak me out." He smiles at me and takes my hand. "Don't worry, I'm here with you." We look at each other in the eyes and I nod. "Okay Dib, but promise you won't laugh if I scream" he smiles. "I promise." He turns on the scary movie and it's not that bad at first. "Maybe this isn't so bad- AHH!?" a jump scare pops out of nowhere and Dib didn't even flinch, he's so cool. "You ok?" He asks me, concerned. "Y-yeah, just got spooked is all." I notice that my body is still shaking from the jump scare. "I'll b-be right back." I say getting up from the couch, I then go upstairs and grab a blanket from the closet and come back downstairs with it. "What do you havee?" Dib asks me. "Just a soft blanket." I walk back to the couch and sit back down with Dib. I then feel an arm wrapped around my shoulder, Dib is blushing and looking away. I smile. "Thanks Dib-boy" I wrap the blanket around us and I lean onto Dib. We keep watching the movie and a scary part comes up, I take Dibs arm and hold it close to me. "Are you sure you're alright?" Dib asks me concerned. I nod. When the movie is over I am whooped. I sigh. Dib laughs. "Why are you laughing!" I said. "You really are a scaredy cat" he says with a smirk. "S-shut it" I cross my arms and blush a little. "I'm only joking with you Y/N, please don't be upset." I turn around to see Dib with puppy eyes. He's adorable. I sigh. "Alright you got me, but it's getting late you should head home." He nods, and gets up from the couch. I walk him to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow at skool Dib-boy!" I smile. "See ya" Dib says, I hug him before he leaves. When he does I head to my room with the blanket that me and him cuddled in, now I feel like I can't sleep without it.

(Dibs POV)

I wake up this morning, get ready, and go to the kitchen for breakfast. I see Gaz. "Hey Gaz." She looks at me menacingly and says. "You know there's no school today, right?" I nod. I then make some toast, and eat. When I'm finished I hear my phone ring from upstairs. My ringtone is the theme from one of my favorite shows. I go upstairs to see that Y/N is calling me. "H-hello" I say with a stutter. "Hey Dib! You know there's no school today rightt" I gulp. "Y-yeah what a-about it?" I start to fidget with my hands a bit, just being on the phone with Y/N gives me butterflies. "I was wondering if you could maybe come over to my house later and we could watch a movie!" She says excited. "Y-yeah I could p-probably come o-over my dad i-isn't home f-for the rest o-of the day." Im trying not to stutter but when I do I just stutter more, I hope she doesn't find it annoying. "Great! Is there a certain time you wanna come over?" I look at the clock and think for a moment. "P-probably around 6:30, I-if it's ok with y-you." I'm a stuttery mess today. "Alright! See you then!" We hang up at the same time, and while I'm waiting for the time to pass, I finish up on some of my projects and studies. When I finally finished I check the clock and see it's 6:10. "Why not get there early?" I say to myself as I walk down the stairs to the door. "See you later Gaz, I have a date!" I walk out the door and shut it behind me, it'll take me about five minutes to walk to Y/N's house. A couple minutes pass by and get I find myself at Y/N's place. I ring the doorbell,and Y/N answers. "H-hey Y/N i-it's nice to see y-you." she smirks. "Well aren't you here early." I blush and scratch my neck. "Y-yeah I just couldn't w-wait any longer, i-i'm really e-excited." I say still blushing. "Me too, why don't you come on in?" Y/N says to me as she opens the door. "Nice place you got here Y/N." I say with a smile. "Thanks" Y/N then looks up with a shocked look. "I almost forgot to do something!" I turn around. "Wha-" not even a split second after I turn around, Y/N hugs me. "I love hugging you Dib-boy, you're just like a teddy bear" OK now I'm blushing like crazy, her words made my heart melt. "You alright Dib-boy?" Y/N asks me as she lets go. "Y-yeah i'm f-fine, why don't we g-go to the couch and find a movie t-to watch?" She smiles and takes my hand, it's warm.. "This way to the couch my friend!" She then marches to the couch and I think to myself. "She's such a cute little dork.." We get to the couch and Y/N sits down, I zone out for a second. Y/N looks at me and pats the seat next to her. "C'mon, have a seat." I smile back and sit with her. "So what are we watching?" I ask. Y/N looks up. I was thinking maybe some monsters inc. or inside out, what about you?" I look up. "What about a scary movie!" Y/N looks nervous. "i-i dunno d-dib, scary movies freak me out." I have no idea where the confidence came from for me to do this, but I take Y/N's hand, wrap it in mine, and look her in the eyes. "Don't worry, I'm here with you." A sparkle in her eyes form, and she nods. "Okay Dib, but promise you won't laugh if I scream" I smile. "I promise." I turn on "IT". "Maybe this isn't so bad- AHH!?" I hear Y/N scream as the first jump scare pops up. "You ok?" I ask. "Y-yeah, just got spooked is all." After a second or two Y/N gets up. "I'll b-be right back." She goes upstairs to grab something and quickly comes back down. "What do you havee?" I ask. "Just a soft blanket." She then walks back to the couch and sits down, I then wrap up the courage to wrap my arm around Y/N's shoulder, but I still blush like crazy. "Thanks Dib-boy" She says as she wraps the blanket around us. She then leans on me. HOLY CRAP WE'RE CUDDLING. As I'm freaking out on the inside, a scary part comes up and Y/N takes my arm and holds it close. "Are you sure you're alright?" She nods, and soon after the movie ends. Y/N sighs, I giggle a little. "Why are you laughing!" She says in a cute angry voice. "You really are a scaredy cat" I smirk at Y/N and she blushes, crosses her arms and looks away. "S-shut it" "I'm only joking with you Y/N, please don't be upset." I say with puppy eyes as Y/N turns around. She sighs and smiles. "Alright you got me, but it's getting late you should head home." I nod, and Y/N walks me to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow at skool Dib-boy!" She smiles. "See ya" before I turn around, Y/N hugs me before I go, I love her hugs, heck, I just love her in general. When I get home I go upstairs, get ready for bed, and cuddle my pillow. Hoping it will be Y/N someday.