An Invitation Accepted

LEVY'S POV
I started blushing madly. What the hell, Gajeel? "She's my date. Sorry, boys, I've staked my claim, but you two can go together!" Gajeel teases them. Their faces are so hilarious that I have to laugh out loud. I sit next to him in his isolated corner, and he asks, "So, will you go with me?" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Mira assigned us together." "Oh." His voice was stony cold, and I see his face drop. Was he really that disappointed? "But I would have accepted either way." I say softly. He brightens back up again, and I smile. It's funny how Gajeel's mood can shift easily from just a few words. But that's only one thing I love about hi- 'No, Levy, you're in this guild for one reason: to train and make friends. Not to get a boyfriend. Either way, I don't think he would ever think of me like that. Sadly.' I sigh to myself and pull out a romance novel. "Is that seriously a romance book?" I look at Gajeel cautiously. "Yes. Problem?"
"Why read a romance when you can get a relationship in the real world?" "Well, if I actually had a relationship or could get one, maybe I wouldn't!" Pantherlily whispers something into Gajeel's ear. "She's pissed." "I heard that!" I call as I gather up my things, steamed. I storm out the door, planning to get ready for the dance, figuring that Mira would kill me if I didn't go because of a stupid squabble with Metalface. (Xenoblade reference? Anyone? No? As expected.)

Saphira's POV
I succeed in keeping her away from the guild hall, and it's currently 7:20. The event starts at 7:30! Crap! I drag the blindfolded Lucy out, ignoring the strange looks I was getting. At the guild hall, I take her to Mira. "Now, time to get started."