New or Old?

Lucy's POV

Awwwwww, that's so sweet! Wendy is such an amazing little sister. I grasp Wendy's pale, dainty hand in mine and we step into the portal. Instantly, I felt weightless. I didn't scream, but Wendy did, shrill and continuously.

I only started shouting at Stella because she didn't warn us. "STEEEEEEEEEEEELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" She turned back to look at us and muttered something under her breath, and from what I heard, she said, "Oh, ****, the queen is going to kill me if I accidentally kill her daughter. I forgot that her powers haven't been unlocked yet." Stella took a deep breath, spread her arms out so she was spread-eagled, and suddenly, instead of a humanoid falling next to us, there was a scaly, metallic reptile underneath me. "Why didn't you help Wendy as well?!" I yelled at Stella as she looked at Wendy, smiling. My eyes detected a shimmer in the air that swooped underneath her, and she stopped falling. "She didn't need my help, your majesty." The floating islands looked slightly like Edolas, except most of the islands were created out of different elements, excluding the center, which was the largest. Grandine and Wendy alighted on the island that looked like it was compiled of fluffy, dense, tangible clouds. And the center island held a mansion, almost like a castle. "Take me to my mom, please, Stella," I said, slightly more calm now that Wendy was safe. Stella steered straight toward the castle, and we landed in front of the mansion. I climbed off of Stella, and her bulk was blocking my view of the castle. She bowed her head respectfully at a unnamed approaching person, and I could see finally see past her. I run up to her, tears filling my eyes, and throw my arms around her, sobbing. "MOM!" I screamed. Mom runs her fingers, whispering in my ear. "Shhh, it's okay, we're together, Lucy." I smile up at her through my tears, and it feels like I've regained the feeling that I found when I was at Fairy Tail, before everyone started neglecting me. I have found a home. I have found my mother. A warmth bloomed in my chest that I've been missing more than I realized. I have found love again.

When I wake up the next day, Mom explains that she had to wipe my memories and lock away my powers. I was too young to have as much power as I did. I was a powerhouse stored to the brim, a bomb ticking, waiting to explode at any moment. She places her hand on my head to unlock my powers after her long, formal, probably well-prepared speech, and I faint. For a few seconds, all I see is black, then I revive and gasp. Scorching cold liquid ran through my veins. It was almost like liquid dry ice. But the sensation was somehow familiar, like having a phantom limb. Was this a new power? Or an old one?