"Sounds familiar," Harlow smirked.

"He had an ego." I emphasized, "But, other princesses and princes would come from far, far away just to see that magic smile. He was charming, he was funny, he was kind and brave, but most of all, happy. The happiest he could be."

"But, on a scary, stormy night, the prince was robbed by mean scary thieves who took away his... heart."

"No." Nora frowned.

"I know. It was just awful. The prince lost his mind. He was so angry and so heartbroken. He never showed his super magic smile again, in fact, he locked it up and threw up away the key."

"He was so upset, so disappointed because his guards searched far and wide for his precious little heart and they couldn't find it..." I whispered, glancing up at Harlow to see him listening with a soft look on his face, "It was gone and no one could stop it."

"It made the prince so mad that he even locked himself up in a big, tall tower with no windows or doors and never let anyone in, scared that if he found a new heart, it'd get hurt too."

"Wha' happened?" Nora whispered.

I opened my mouth but rather than me, Harlow took over.

"Well... while the prince was looking for his missing heart, stuck in despair, along wandered a very pretty princess."

"Oh, and she was gorgeous... she was known as the sweetest princess in all the land. No one was ever mean to her, because she treated everyone with kindness and gave them all the love they deserved."

"Now, this princess... she was special because she wouldn't let the prince give up! She would walk to the tower every day and knock on the door to say, 'Oh Mr. prince, it's time to come out and find your heart again!'" He mocked a high-pitched voice and I laughed with Nora.

"The prince hated it! He thought she was so crazy! He told her no, over and over. He would say mean things sometimes, yell at her but she didn't give up not once. No, the princess was so strong. She came to the door every day still, just checking to make sure the prince was okay and hadn't given up hope."

"Then one day, the prince almost gave up. He walked out of his tower, and he went on his way to the castle to tell the guards to stop the search. But, on his way, you know who he ran into?"

"The princess. And she was so so happy to see that her prince was out of his tower. She jumped up and down, sang a song probably..." He rolled his eyes, "And for the first time ever, the prince cried."

"He was so angry that he hadn't thought about being sad. He didn't wanna be sad, 'cause being sad is just no fun."

"He fell into the princess's arms and bawled his eyes out like baby, 'I can't find my heart, it's missing!'" Harlow fake cried, slapping my hand over my eyes.

Nora laughed sleepily, her eyes millimeters away from closing.

Crybaby.

He uncovered his eyes, "Yeah, the princess thought it was funny too. She laughed at him but she wiped his tears and made him feel so much better."

"And because of the princess, the prince didn't wanna give up anymore. She made him a superhero. Well, almost... but because the princess didn't give up on him, he told the guards 'don't give up, keep looking.'"

"The princess even helped them. She went on a super-secret mission, and risked her life for the safety of the his heart."

His eyes flicked back up to mine, his hand brushing the hair from my cheek, "But, the princess got hurt on the mission. The mean thieves made her fall, made her get scrapes and bruises, but worst of all... they stole away her smile."