170 - Attempts To Save

Start from the beginning

"Where are you? I know you're in there somewhere." I crossed my arms in annoyance.

She didn't respond.

Damn it. Is there any other way to reach her through familiarity?

"Yes, if you could enter her mind." Medea answered. "Like how we are in yours."

Do you have a way to do that?

"No." Medea replied. "Otherwise I'd have told you."

Suddenly a purple circle appeared on the ground next to me. It glowed, and with a flash of light suddenly Merlin was standing next to me.

"Ken~! You're big sis is here!" She grinned.

"Huh. I thought you couldn't use your magic anymore." I rose an eyebrow.

"Aren't you going to greet me?" Merlin pouted.

"Hi Merlin." I replied. "So...why did you suddenly appear?"

"Well, I've been doing some searching!" She laughed, but it quickly dissolved away as her tiredness took over. There were bags over her eyes and she was slightly leaned over. "A lot of searching...Ha...Ha..."

"Anyways, I've finally been teaching myself some of my old magic after finding it in the past. It was not easy." Merlin replied. "Now that I'm out of the tower I can actually do stuff again."

I suddenly had an idea. "Wait, so then that means after looking in the past you found out the solution from looking into the future and so you came here to tell me?!"

"Ahaha...no." Merlin shut my idea down quick. "Remember how I told you back in the tower that you're different? That every future involving you is blurred and indecipherable? Well, this whole situation practically revolves around you."

"So you can't see." I frowned.

"No, but don't be so sad!" Merlin replied. "In looking into my old magic I saw a way to enter the mind! And look who needs it!"

"That's awfully convenient." I raised an eyebrow.

"Clairvoyance is very helpful." Merlin nodded with a joyous grin.

And OP too. "So what do I need to do?" I asked.

"I'll cast the spell. Too dangerous otherwise." Merlin replied. "Spent a whole day figuring it out again. Anyways, then you just need to find those locked memories, something that probably looks like a locked door or something."

"Makes sense to me." Loki stated.

"Alright. Let's do this then." I nodded. "Hey Aoi, please look over us."

Aoi nodded, and despite her expressionless face, the feeling I got from her felt like she was saying "duh, of course".

"So how do we-"

Merlin flicked me in the head and everything went dark.

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Oh shit..." I clutched my head, sitting up in a dark void. This looks eerily familiar. I don't suppose I'll see a wolf, will I?

No, I don't. I do see a giant blue portal thing high above that I hope doesn't lead anywhere because I don't think I could make it up there.