"And you'll have an audience," Rosary chimed in. Her words were probably meant to be friendly pressure, but my hands become clammy at the thought of them watching me train in my wolf form. "I'm sure you'll do great."

"Don't make him hopeful," Cedar shushed her, the sound of a kiss following. "We don't know anything about his fighting skills."

He was right, nobody knew how abysmal my fighting skills are as a wolf. I'm sure some of them had money on whether or not I still had my wolf. They were probably ready to chuck me into the forest with nothing but the clothes on my back.

I shook my head and exited the house. I wanted to get this over with as soon as I could.

"Right, now you look redder than a tomato, we can start." Finn was on the other side of the garden to me. His words dragged on a little bit; he must be shattered after all the training he had done today. "Turn into your wolf and we can start. I'm not going to go easy on you."

Privacy wasn't a thing when it came to this wolf pack. I took my shirt and shorts off and tried to concentrate on my wolf whilst taking off the rest. The quicker I turned into my wolf, the less embarrassment I'd feel.

The uncomfortable feeling of my bones shifting, breaking. The sensation of organs shifting to suit the shape of a wolf. My teeth shifting and sharpening. I had to focus on the various sensations, I didn't have anything visual to hang onto. I'd heard that simply visualising your wolf would make shifting far easier, 'picture your wolf clearly in your mind, the colour of your fur. Picture your surroundings, how tall you are, the clearness of your vision'. I would hear Finn say that at least once a week,

I didn't have much time for embarrassment as I was soon standing on four legs. I stumbled forward, I wasn't used to feeling the dirt under my paws. The bird song was back to its deafening volume, I could feel the worms squirming beneath the ground. I shook my body, to resume feeling all throughout it.

Gasps came from inside, notably Rosary's and Daphne's gasps. I assumed that they were the ones losing money one ether or not I still had my wolf. Murmurs were also audible, but I didn't put any effort into distinguishing words.

"That's a surprise," Finn said before shifting into his own wolf form. I didn't know how this was training, he wasn't talking to me. I wasn't aware if wolves had any form of communication whilst they were in wolf form, save for growls. It's like learning a whole new language, if you don't interact with them, then you wouldn't understand what is meant by the sounds which erupt from the other.

I knew enough to duck and roll as soundwaves rushed my way, getting louder and louder. I was disorientated, I didn't know where I was in comparison to the house or Finn. My breathing was difficult to control, the panic of this new situation setting in.

I felt the dirt move once again, the vibrations sending pulses through my legs, telling me to jump. I landed sprawled out, stomach on the ground.

Finn growled at me; I was doing something wrong. It was probably because I was running. I wasn't fighting, but my first instinct was to run.

I huffed and stood my ground. I dug my paws into the dirt, bringing the aforementioned worms up to the surface. The vibrations came again, I was prepared for it. I leant on my hind legs and pushed him away with my paws. He came in again, his teeth narrowly missing my neck.

I scratched his stomach and he moved backwards. We circled each other. I followed his steps; I couldn't have gone far wrong if I followed what he was doing. He lunged. I rolled out of the way and growled. I lunged, grabbing him by the side of the neck with my teeth, not enough to pierce him. I threw him away from me.