Old friends

One year later

One year later. (Sorry to be that author but Jules needed a time skip. Otherwise we'll be here for another 20 Chapters filled with therapy sessions.)

Never did I think it will take a year to get my life fully together. I have my own home, I have a stable job. And I have Val and Pluto. And I'm in a good place with myself. I feel at peace with myself. It wasn't easy, I had a couple relapses on the journey to getting help. And I didn't care what it took i just wanted to be at one hundred percent for my daughter.

Me and Bailey mostly share Pluto. She have him most of the time since he likes her more than me. Wow.

"Mama. I want to go park." Val said as she rolled around on my bed.

"Okay, we can go after dinner. I have some work to get done." I told her with a smile as I read over the draft Bailey wrote. So long story short, I started talking about my story in the public eye, I was asked to speak to some young women about what went through and how I tried to get over it but I needed something more, that this wasn't just something I could get over. So when it was all pretty much out there Bailey a young single mother hit me up about a book.

She wanted to write a book about what happened to me and sell it. I consented to it once we got to know each other some more and she became a friend of mine that I adore. And our kids are great friends which is a plus. When I finished reading over that and sent her some things about it, I checked my text message. Ansel had sent me one.

Ansel visits me once a month and text me all the time, so does Tabitha. But get this, when Ansel and Kia was grieving together they kinda slipped up... multiple times to a point where she's pregnant again. And now Tabitha is with someone else because she said Ansel is to complicated for her.

And jovian. Well he's doing good and we talk a little not alot. He's doing good with his basketball career, he's in the press alot more. He's had some girlfriends but so have I so I guess in ways we are even. Not that's it's a competition. The few women I've dated were amazing but I wasn't ready. But it was fun while it lasted.

Me and Bailey even had one to many drinks before, and we kissed but that's about it.

When we finished dinner and Val ate everything and I was proud of her and promised her dessert. These days she snack more than eating full meals but I'm slowly getting her into full meals.

Pluto came around the corner when he saw Val and he carefully jumped on her and she giggled as she pulled at his ears and he nipped at her like usual. She just laughed it off and started running while he chased her.

I swear he's not even my dog anymore but I'm fine with that. It's very comforting having three people in your bed. Val sleeps in my bed because she's having trouble sleeping lately. So wherever Val sleep Pluto sleeps. It's their little dynamic.

I swooped Val up and she giggled as I set her on my hip. She burped and spit up at the same time. All over my sweatshirt. Maybe that was a bad idea after she ate, a full meal. Fuck she jus threw up her dinner. I mumbled as I sat her down. I took off my sweatshirt leaving on my tank top.