Fake Date

"Take it as an opportunity" Kia said as she laid at the end of my bed playing with Rosen

"I can't take it as an opportunity. I don't even want to hang out with him all day. I want to lay in bed and sleep" I scrunched up my face. I was currently getting ready to go hang out with Jovian and make our first paparazzi appearance.

"Oh it can't be that bad. Plus you need to get out more. We can't keep eating Chinese food and binge watching cartoons." we could-

I grabbed a pair of my sneakers out of my closet. "Thanks again for agreeing to watch Rosen. She's been extra hyper lately"

Kia shrugged me off "Please- I love watching Valeria." I gave her a quick smile. I'm glad to see her up and smiling again. She was devastated Over the breakup for a good 48 hours then she moved on.

Then there was a knock on my door. I hopped over to the door on one foot still trying to put on my shoe. "I'm almost ready" I said opening the door. There was Jovian with his hands in his pocket. He looked decent, grey sweatpants and a white shirt with that chain he always wears. Must be sentimental.

"You look nice"

I finished tying my shoes. I was only wearing leggings and a pink oversized sweatshirt with sneakers I've recently bought. I could tell Jovian was a sneakerhead; he rarely wears the same shoes again.

But my shoe game is better.

"Thanks. Let me say bye and I'll be ready" I welcomed him in and went to my room.

"Hey" Kia yells hanging off the bed waving at Jovian. He nodded in acknowledgement. I kissed Rosen bye and gave Kia a couple more details about Rosen lunch time wroutine.

"Oh and a reminder, if you have to bathe her. Do not give her a rubber ducky"

Kia waved me off "Stop stalling and go" She practically pushed me out the door.

The whole time Jovian was quiet and I was quiet. Even in the car even the radio couldn't hide the awkward silence.

"Where are we going?" I asked messing around with the radio.

"Have you eaten?" I was too nauseous to eat this morning.

"No."

"We'll stop first."

I'm dying to start conversation this is weird.

"How's your recovery?"

"A slow process but I'm getting back in the gym soon" I nodded

"Do you miss playing?" Of course he did. Why would I even ask?

"It's all I think about. I've been practicing here and there. But not rushing anything" He paused and glanced over at me almost in... concern? "How do you feel about this.. arrangement?" Honesty?