25| Out for Blood

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, picked him up from the bed, and carried him out of the apartment.

Barron's car was not in the parking lot. I don't know where he could be at this time. I took out my phone and called him, and it went straight to voicemail. I called him a few more times before I decided to leave him a voicemail.

I did everything I can to fight the lingering feeling that Barron may possibly be with another woman. I quickly shook those ridiculous thoughts away. I guess the damage Melvin did to me is affecting me more than I thought.

I buckled Todd into his car seat. He was dazed and confused, but I'm sure he was going to sleep the entire car ride.

When I got to Briana's house it was completely dark. I noticed the broken glass on her porch, and her door was left open.

I took a deep breath before I entered her house. Briana was sitting in a corner cradled into a little ball.

"Bri," I said to her, but she sat motionlessly.

I switched on the light and saw her face. Her cheeks were smeared with her tears, and her lip was busted.

"Oh my god, Briana! Who did this to you?" I asked rushing over to her.

It was so foolish for me to ask such a question. I already knew who did it, but I needed her to say it. I needed her to finally speak out on what has been going on with her.

When I saw that she was not going to say anything I took the initiative and said it.

"It was Jeff wasn't it," I said angrily.

A small gasp escaped from her.

"Briana, look at me." I placed my hand on her face and turned her head to make her face me. "It was Jeff. He's been hitting you hasn't he." I focused my eyes on her.

Briana slowly nodded her head. There was a lifeless look in her eye. She was not at all the fun happy person I met a couple of months ago when I went in for that job interview. It was breaking my heart to see her this way.

I placed my hand on her cheek, and her skin was as cold as ice.

"Andy told me he loves me." She admitted. Her voice was hoarse but I was still able to understand what she was saying.

Her statement took me by surprise. I didn't expect her to say that.

"Yeah. Anyone can see that." I laughed nervously.

I placed Todd on the sofa and rested his head on a pillow. He was exhausted. He ate a large plate of food from my parents.

"Andy is my best friend. I swear I had no idea." Briana mumbled.

Really?

It took me a matter of seconds to figure out Andy had this massive crush on Briana. It's honestly shocking to find out that Briana had no clue.

"He kissed me, and I realized I might like him too." She sniffled. "Things have already been rocky with Jeff. I was already going to break things off with him." She said before she burst into tears. "I came home, and he somehow got into my house. He was going to surprise me by cooking me dinner. I told him that I wanted to break things off, and he just went ballistic. I know he has been dealing with some anger problems, but he's never gotten this angry. He apologised for hitting me. He says he will never do it again." She cried.

I shook my head. I refuse to believe that. I've seen with my own eyes the marks and bruises on Briana. This was not a first-time occurrence.

"Bri, is this the first time he's hit you?" I asked holding back as much of my emotions as I can.