22| Free Will

I bathed Todd and changed him into a black and white t-shirt and cargo pants

I bathed Todd and changed him into a black and white t-shirt and cargo pants. I put on a cartoon for him to watch and walked into the kitchen. My hands were shaking and my mind was riddled with chaos. I was reeling from that encounter I had with Barron's mom, who was a massive bitch.

Everything is perfect about Barron. He's kind and affectionate and he fucks me to the point I am questioning whether I'm alive or not. It was too good to be true. I knew there had to be a flaw. Why does it have to be his mother?

The way she was looking at me, the way she was talking to me. I was shocked. The disdain in her voice was apparent. I did nothing wrong. There is no way someone as kind and sweet as Barron came out of a woman like her. I refuse to believe it. After a couple of minutes of me pacing the kitchen. Barron showed up with an apologetic look on his face.

"What the hell was that?" I said to him. "I don't know. I don't know but I'm so sorry." He said entering my apartment.

I shut the door behind him and he pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry." He said once again before wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Your mom doesn't like me," I said sadly. "My mom doesn't like anyone., but I swear, I didn't know she was going to act like that with you." He responded quickly. "Don't let her get to you." He added in.

I pursed my lips. I did not like this feeling at all. The people-pleasing side of me was spiraling into a circus. This is the worst possible thing that can happen. I've had other brief interactions with his family. Are they all going to hate me?

I did not like the way Barron's mom had spoken to me but there was still a part of me that wanted to find a way for her to like me, because I'm not planning on leaving Barron anytime soon.

"Don't you care what your mom thinks about me?" I asked sadly. "Yes and no. It doesn't matter because I know what I think about you." He said with a small smile.

I smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Well, my mom likes you," I said to Barron. "She does." "Mmhm. She said you are cute too." I giggled. "Oh is that so? Your mom isn't that bad on the eyes either." Barron laughed. "Just so you know, my daddy does not play around about that woman. He has guns. Lots of them." I giggled.

Barron burst out in laughter and I felt at ease again, that is until there was a knock on my door.

"Who is that?" I scrunched up my face confused.

I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. The last person I expected to see standing there was the one and only Logan Hill. He was wearing a white baseball cap and black exercise attire. I think he was coming from the gym. What the hell was he doing here?

"Who is it?" Barron asked casually taking a seat on the sofa. "It's my sister's husband," I answered.

Well technically they aren't married yet, but they might as well be.