~Chapter Twelve~

*Emma's POV*

As we all ran to the beach laughing, I felt as if we were being watched, Lily obviously knew how I felt as she looked at through squinted eyes.

"She's worried." Brooklyn said turning to Lily

"She thinks we're being watched." Brooklyn continued looking at me and back to the rest of my friends.

"She thinks that the bad people who kil-" Brooklyn started but was cut off by Janelle elbowing her ribs.

Brooklyn's face went pale and looked at the golden sand.

My heart sank deeper and deeper, I felt as if I might cry, but I could not, for two reasons, one, of we were being watched, they would know my weakness and two, we learned to not show sadness or weakness ever.

"Sorry..." Brooklyn said looking at the sand awkwardly.

"It's ok, you were just saying what I was thinking, I don't blame you." I said giving her a reassuring smile.

She weakly smiled back, looking up from the sand and went back to the cheerful Brooklyn we all know.

"So I think we should head back, as much as I love being here, we have to go before our parents find out." Claire said nodding to the ocean.

"Well is it safe to go?" Janelle asked, more Brooklyn then anyone else.

"If we're leaving we have to go now. Emma was right, though they're not watching us, but they're coming." Brooklyn said starting to walk to a bunch of large rocks.

We all followed her and stepped into the water, just to the ankles until Lily turns us to fish.

"Ready?" Lily asks glancing at us.

"Ready." we all said in unison.

As soon as we said that we all fell to the warm salty water.

I glanced at Claire who was death staring at Lily, and I can see why, Lily's laughing her head off because she gave Claire a new tail colour! Brown! We all laughed really loudly.

Claire scolded at Lily and Lily laughed even more.

"Ok-" Lily said immediately stopping her laugh attack.

"How about this? We all race to the island and if we make it there in, hmm, ten minutes I'll change your tail back." Lily said smirking at Claire.

"You all better try to get there, because if you don't, watch out for some Earth mobsters I've created to hunt you down." Claire said.

Janelle laughed quietly and stopped suddenly asking "Wait are you serious?"

"Deadly." Claire said giving Janelle an innocent smile.

"Ok, starting now!" Brooklyn yelled.

It's easy for her to do, she's meant for the water. The whole time she was rolling her eyes and yelling for us to hurry up.

I guess she got fed up, though, because she created little dolphin things and all we had to do was hold on.

Soon we got to the island and Lily looked very disappointed that we got here before the time she had in mind.

"Ahem." Claire said pointing to her tail.

Lily rolled her eyes and changed Claire's tail back to its normal colour.

Then as soon as she was done, she changed us back to normal.

Since we were gone for a couple hours, we put some water on our faces and our clothes to make it look like sweat and jogged back to camp.

"You girls went for a run?" My mom asked.

We did our best to look tired as I leaned over putting my hands on my knees and we all nodded pretending to be out of breathe.

"Well okay, you five should go get some rest." my mom said walking away.

"Yes!" Brooklyn said smiling.

"We got away with it!" Brooklyn continued and we all ran to my cabin for a sleepover.

"Bonus for getting a break!" Janelle said as we entered my cabin.

It this is our new life, I think I like it.